I guess Jehovah really loves me....

by ColdRedRain 1 Replies latest jw friends

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Because this new relationship I'm in, there's another Dub connection. The first relationship I was in post fade, Dubs came to her door. Second one, she lived by a KH, 4th, dubs also came to her door. Fifth, dubs constantly harassed her. 6th one almost became a dub. 7th one, the one I almost got married to, was raised by a dub. In fact, my Dub mom scared her off. Then after a 4 month long jaunt into singleness, when I really wanted to be single, I went on a date with a random girl I met off a dating site who happened to also have Asperger's Syndrome. She seemed like a polar opposite of the other women I dated. It seemed as though we knew each other forever. No KHs in sight from her house. So I thought I got the Jackpot........ Nah uh!

Her stepmom to be wants to be a dub. Her stepmom to be and her dad wanted to meet my mom, just to see what kind of family I came from.... (As No Ap would say "EEEEK!") I then told them that my mom probably wouldn't want to talk to them since they're non witnesses.... She then told me, and I quote "There's nothing wrong with the Witnesses". I knew then she was a dub sympathiser. I pretty much know where this would go. Luckily, her stepmom isn't deep into it. She smokes and celebrated Thanksgiving with us. So I guess there is some hope. Jeeeezus Christ. Good thing I really love this girl or else I would run the hell away. No more dub issues for me. My file at the local walk in psychiatric clinic nearly takes up an entire cabinet, mostly because of the dub related stress I had in 2006 and my unhealthy modes of dealing with the stress. I'm glad I dealt with the stress through therapy or else I probably wouldn't have learned how to be perseverent in the face of stress, optimistic and altristic.

Oh, BTW, this latest Lee relationship is 2 months strong. :) Some in these parts say it's a record.

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

Good luck on the relationship. Maybe your therapist can help you figure out why you keep attracting people connected with the WT in some way.

I've been lucky enough to have very little interaction with JWs since leaving, except my family. Of course, they make sure I have very little interaction with them, too. : (

Maybe it's good in some way that it keeps happening. You might be able to help some of them escape the cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit