Hi Everyone !!

by jurs 7 Replies latest jw friends

• jurs
    jurs

I've been away from the board and wanted to pop in to see how everyone was doing. I miss you guys !!!
    I've been so busy with cosmetology school that I haven't had much time to post.
    I thought some of you might enjoy reading about some of my recent experiences dealing with that shunning "thing".
    I go to Beauty school with a sister from my hall. At first she enjoyed shunning me and wrinkled her nose at me , like I was dirt. Wow, things sure have changed. At first I would smile at her and try to be all nice and then I wondered WHY??? So I gave her back her same looks and talked right in front of her how I'm so glad to be out of a cult full of hypocrites who enjoy being mean. This gal also was witnessing to a few people about "cults" ( of all things) and I couldn't help myself but to go join the conversation. She was telling them that something about following the bible. I told her she follows an organization and not the bible and then I told the people she was talking to that I had been in a cult called Jehovah's witnesses for 10 years and I'm shunned because I left. I told them how hurtful and unloving shunning was. I told them shunning was like them letting you know that in ther eyes, your dead and some treat you like your disgusting. Blah Blah Blah........ Everyone was saying "How awful and "they call that being Christian" ect. It was great!!! This sister just stood there while I fired away. I was talking to them but my words were for her and she knew it. I stopped trying to be nice to her and I shun her and look at her like she's the cultish freak and guess what?????? She tries to be nice to me. Several times she has tried to talk to me about school related stuff and she smiles ect. I 'm not rude to her but I'm not warm and fuzzy either. Its funny how the roles have reversed. Sisters from my hall come to have their hair done by her and most just act like they don't see me. One sister just 2 days ago came and she gave me a dirty look .. I gave one back and muttered "bitch" just loud eneough for her to hear. I don't think I need to be nice to people like that.

Jurs

• mindfield
    mindfield

Good for you!!! You show those filthy shunners a bit of their own medicine!

I never thought of that... thanx for the tips!

• outnfree
    outnfree

Jurs,

How nice to see you post. I WAS wondering what was happening at school with the shunning sister! Nice going to get the tables changed!

Happy holidays, honey!

outnfree

When the truth is found to be lies
    and all the joy within you dies ...
    -- Darby Slick, Somebody to Love

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

Jurs, wb to the board, and good luck with the cosmetology.

I like this the best:

Everyone was saying "How awful and "they call that being Christian" ect. It was great!!! This sister just stood there while I fired away.
    I bet she didnt like the tables being turned on her, now shes kissing up to you. We'll save her a seat in the chatroom for when she decides to leave the JWs. LOL

Boozy

• Gopher
    Gopher

Jurs,

Good to see you back here! I missed your posts! Best wishes in your cosmetology career. However you handle the idiotic shunning your faced with, you'll do fine. Just keep your own goals in focus and don't let the bastards/bitches get you down!!

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• Mulan
    Mulan

Hi Jurs!! That is SO great!! I loved reading this, and it gave me a great laugh too. We run into one particularly nasty woman from our former KH, and she makes a big production out of shunning us. My husband and I saw her at the grocery store last week, and we did it to her, very obviously. The look on her face was priceless. I recommend this tactic. Very fun.

I forgot to say, that we laughed at her. That really shocked her.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)

• chester
    chester

Jurs!!!!

Welcome back to the board! I was wondering where you were. Thanks for the update. I have tasted the shunning thing as well although I am not DF and I have not DAed myself. I have merely stopped attending meetings and the JWs that I meet in the mall and stores treat me like I am not there either. (and I am usually with my wife who still attends the meetings)

I really like the way you handled things at school.

Chester

• waiting
    waiting

Congratulations for not buying into the jw shunning! I hope I have the gumption to speak up just as you did - just tell the truth.

Most people have no idea what jw's are really like.

I had made the decision if I'm to be shunned, and I'm in a store as a customer.....I'm going to the manager pronto and yell "Religious Discrimination" loud and clear.

It's happened to my daughter, and she didn't want to make waves. Man, I'm gonna create a tidal wave. That's, of course, if I have as much nerve as you do!

Welcome back - and glad things are going well for you. You deserve it!

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit