Dec 8-14 WT Study Article - GB speaks for Jehovah - literally!

by still_in74 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• still_in74
    still_in74

so who here sat through the Dec 8-14 WT Study and didnt want to stand up and shout "WHAT THE F--K IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?????"

Paragraph 7

At some point, Baruch, who may have belonged to a prominent family, began to seek “great things” for himself. Perhaps he began to nurture personal ambitions or a desire for material prosperity. Whatever the case, Jehovah saw that this dangerous thinking was developing in Baruchs heart. Speaking through Jeremiah, Jehovah promptly addressed the matter, saying to Baruch... (Jer. 45:1-5)

wow, Baruch MAY have done a lot of things, he MAY have nurtured personal ambitions (education) he MAY have desired material prosperity (a good job) - wow, Baruch was a real dick wasnt he??? Just think of all those horrible things that we can speculate that he might have thought about doing!

Paragraph 8

Although he was firm with Baruch, Jehovah reacted not with anger but with genuine fatherly concern. Evidently, God saw that the man’s desires did not reflect a wicked or devious heart. Jehovah also knew that Jerusalem and Judah were in their last days, and he did not want Baruch to stumble at that critical time. Hence, to bring his servant back to reality, God reminded him that He was “bring in a calamity upon all flesh” adding that if Baruch acted wisely, he would live. In effect, God said:” Be realistic, Baruch. Keep in mind what will soon happen to sinful Judah and Jerusalem. Remain faithful and live! I will protect you.”

Oh so thats what Jehovah meant to say!I mean come on - like be realistic Baruch - dont waste your time being unrealistic, if you do I will kill you at Armageddon. But I love you! I love you and I need money!!!!!!!!"(okay okay - that last bit was Gearoge Carlin ;))

Paragraph 13

Have you ever prayed intensely for help and received an answer in the form of an encouraging visit from a spiritually mature Christina? Or perhaps the help came in the form of a talk at a Christian meeting or information in one of our publications.

Have you ever prayed and been helped by a scripture, or by the bible, or by Jesus or Jehovah? Oh silly me! Of course not!!!! The WTS answered your prayers!!!! We wont even waste our time mentioning all that other stuff!

OMG I dont know how I dont run out of the KH screaming.............

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

Have you ever prayed intensely for help and received an answer in the form of an encouraging visit from a spiritually mature Christina?

Hey, if Christina had come over when I prayed, I might still be praying!!

• moshe
    moshe

It amazes me how an event that is merely caused by chance or coincidence is attributed to God.

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

"OMG I dont know how I dont run out of the KH screaming............."

Hahahhahahhaha! Exactly!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Oh, what vile, evil, wicked things! Wanting material things for yourself--I wonder how many people have had to suffer and die, or were actually hurt, by people working honestly for "great things". On the other hand, I wonder how many were hurt because someone did not seek "great things for themselves" that would have, along with enriching the seeker, would have created value for society.

From this piece of s***, I would conclude that Jehovah's will is for everyone on the planet to give up on life, create and join monasteries and other sequestered religious service places, and live the lives of monks and nuns. No one would ever have anything themselves. No one would ever have any free time. You would spend more than 25% of your life in some form of church. Provisions would be as meager and austere as possible. There would be no beauty in the world. There would be no enjoyment whatsoever. And, about 99% of all children growing up in it would be unsuitable, only suited for death and severe punishments. But, at least there would be no more of that heinous crime of seeking great things for oneself.

• compound complex
    compound complex

I received the greatest encouragement not to give up from the outcasts in the congregation. Why does the Society always have to label and neatly compartmentalize this, that and the other person? Weak, mature, wayward son of a rebellious slave girl, independent thinker, chafer under discipline ... BAH!

Perish the thought that a disfellowshiped person is johnny-on-the-spot when you need an answer NOW to your fervent prayer.

Been there, done that ... (and not an elder in sight)

CoCo

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I prayer fervently , and the Methodist Youth group from the church down the street showed up at my door !

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

I haven't been paying attention to the Study articles lately, but thanks for bringing this up!

I can't believe the drivel they're coming up with. I also couldn't believe that they actually wrote "In effect, God said:” Be realistic, Baruch. Keep in mind what will soon happen to sinful Judah and Jerusalem. Remain faithful and live! I will protect you.”

When I saw that, I had to look up the study article myself! How do they get away with crap like this??

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Where does this article say the GB speaks for the Jehovah - literally! Bit of an over the top heading to this post. Got my excited over nothing really.

• yknot
    yknot

Now see I took the whole account as a desperate attempt to keep doubting ones from fleeing the WTS......

Hint hint...it is bad, but hold tight the arc door is closing, you don't wanna have come this far only to be left out over a few doubts about us?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit