COLDs AND FLUs

by QUEENIE 4 Replies latest jw friends

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

winter colds and flus apparently abound with everyone and so I would like to say GET WELL SOON and ((((WARM HUGS ALL AROUND))) BTW I was a JW for 40 yrs and a ex-jw now for 10 yrs..I would like to clarify that one thing..I have even developed a crush on one particular xJW (elder) and that can not be / ME!! And we even like each other !! I am going to give HIM a christmas present and see where it goes from there--GOD works in mysterious ways !!! TAKE CARE ALL

• ballistic
    ballistic

Queenie, where have you been for 10 years?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hello Queenie,

Welcome to the world of the board from one 40 year oldster to another,goes to show its never too late to change.
    Haven't I heard that before somewhere?

• individuals wife
    individuals wife

On the subject of colds and flu ..... anyone got any good remedies for them? Colds in particular? I've got a sore throat tonight and an awful feeling I have one on the way, just got over one two weeks ago too . Got lots of shifts to do next week and need a good remedy to get me through it. Nothing alcoholic though. Don't want to be drunk in control of a bedpan....

• dmouse
    dmouse

I believe that a cold/flu first masses its forces in the throat.
    Sucking a zinc/vitamin C lozenge can help. Vitamin C is used by the body to fight the virus (antibiotics are no use against a virus)and zinc is used to help the body assimilate the vitamin. I also believe that the zinc and vitamin combination helps to knock the cold a death blow before it gets established so reducing the length of time it takes a hold.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit