WT Resurrection: A Baffling Doctrine

by kurtbethel 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

At this point it is apparent that WT doctrine is made up entirely to support getting followers doing what the GB wants them to do, while having gratitude that they make up channel such slop nourishing spiritual food. They invent doctine and search for supporting scripture after the fact, which usually poorly supports their crafted claims.

The WT version of resurrection is so poorly thought out that instead of explaining the afterlife, it leads to even more questions that can have disturbing answers.

One question to ponder is the rules for uploading the personality to Jehovah's server. Is the entire personality uploaded at death? Or is it like a live update every day? Does it conclude when one is sleeping? Since part of the personality for many people is the dreams they experience, are they also included in the uploads? Is there an uploading daily to an existing backup, with the daily transfer being an incremental backup, and when they die Jehovah can use what he already has backed up?

What about bandwidth? Consider that the human optic nerve bundle has about the same bandwidth as Ethernet. You could store a few hours of optic nerve signals on a modern laptop’s hard disk. That is just one of the senses, and there are several other senses gathering data at the same time. Plus there is thinking and recall happening while this data is streaming in. Does all this data get streamed onto Jehovah's servers from over 6 billion people in real time? The WT Jehovah seems to be a stripped down version of Bible God, so it seems like this is a task that would overwhelm Jehovah. Then when the file is closed at death, Jehovah or some assistants must review the stored data and delete any that would cause painful memories to the cloned body.

That leads to another question. Does the cloned body have the same DNA pattern as the original person, with perhaps genetic imperfections edited out? Or is it a whole new design with different DNA?

One final question. Since if you die then you are ended forever in WTthinc, then it would be altruism to care about what your clone gets to do in the afterlife, much like an atheist caring about future generations. So should you care about some person you will never see to the point of living a drab life just so they can eat fruit and pet lions for eternity?

Konfused Kurt

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

hahaha...that was a good read Kurt.

My question is this...if all painful memories are to be erased, then would this mean we would forget the people who became so dear to us in our time of need, helping us through those painful times and stood by our side and comforted us?

• XxJazzxX
    XxJazzxX

My question is...If you believe that when a person dies their souls doesnt exist anymore and our bodies return to dust. When Jehovah starts resurrecting people, how will everyone can tell each other from apart? Will Jehovah bring back the same bodies for those who died prior to Armageddon? And every soul needs a body. But since they believe that the soul will not exist anymore, does that mean that everyone will get new souls(that would just mean we're a totally different person)? or will we get our "old" souls back(which isn't possible because they believe the soul cease to exist)?

This doctrine is totally baffling and SO now well thought out.

• yknot
    yknot

The erasing of bad memories always frightened me as a young child..... I realized how much being afraid, failure, and other 'non-happy' events help to shape us to who we are today.

In the end the wiping away of tears doesn't happen until AFTER the milennial reign not during it!

Russells concept have some endearing points, but the Bible doesn't confirm them. It says those of the 1st resurrection are around in the 1000 yr reign and the rest of the dead don't get woken up until after the reign and Satan is tossed...... Actually it sounds like everyone who is not of the 1st resurrection dies too at the end of the milennial reign. Guess that last battle of Satans will be bad enough to need a 'new heaven' and ' new earth'.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I reckon they make that doctrine so confusing that they explain it away with "God will open new scrolls at the appropriat time" And we would all nod and agree that we should wait upon Jehovah and not get caught up in individual thinking.Just have blind faith that god would get it sorted out.

I remember I used to question if my grandfather would know me when he was resurrected. it worried me that he wouldn't.

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

Kurt,

Let's not forget about the millions and millions of people who have lived during the past 6,000 years.

God is going to resurrect the righteous and the unrighteous. If he resurrection say 100 million

unrighteouse ones, certainly he will not bring them back with their unrighteous personalities, which

would not make for a very nice "Paradise" and if they are resurrected with all of their unrighteousness

gone, will they evern know who they are? What good is a resurrection if you don't even know that

it is you who is resurrected?

TooBad TooSad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit