Inactive dubs on Facebook - youth still keeping in touch with each other after leaving

by truthseeker 3 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I was browsing Facebook recently and came across a few "young ones" from my hall who I know have left and others I'm not sure about.

What I found interesting was many of these inactive youth had other inactive youths in their hall on their friend's list.

This could be a good thing in terms of support, emotionally and mentally.

If say a youth has left the org and they know another youth in their hall who has also left, they might not have been the best of friends or they might have been, but the desire to reconnect with like minded individuals is probably quite strong.

This might be a concern for the Society as there is strength in numbers and there might be less of a chance these youth go back to the truth if they've met like minded ones in their own congregation.

What are your thoughts?

• desib77
    desib77

I completely agree. That is why many are convinced that the internet is evil and just one of Satan's tools (my mother is included in those who would never touch the internet)

I have looked up old JW acquaintances on facebook and not found them. I'm assuming that those people left and came back or just don't have internet access. I've always been curious about what happened to a few of them.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Love the Internet.

Cults such as the WTS can only survive when they control information. With the internet no one controls information.

• TheSilence
    TheSilence
    if they've met like minded ones

I don't think I've ever heard anyone but a witness or an ex-witness use the term like minded ones. Has anyone else?

Sorry to go off topic, sometimes I just spout what pops into my head.

Jackie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit