Wow - nice site - update on my situation.

by B_Deserter 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

Hey guys, nice site update. Just wanted to fill you all in on what's been going on. After the JWD announcement, I ended up on JWR and have been posting there pretty regular.

In the meantime, I've started a relationship with someone and have taken several more steps out of the organization. I decided not to hide my relationship and added her on my Facebook as well as put her in my relationship status. There was a JW couple who got me into the game World of Warcraft, and they were both my friends on Facebook. I got a message from the woman saying "hey you didn't tell me you had a g/f! congrats!" I decided not to answer because that's essentially all I wanted her to know. Later, I was chatting with them using the WoW chat system. She started asking me questions. Then, she asked the one every witness asks: "Is she a witness?" I said "no." After several expressions of disappointment, telling me she doesn't want me to end up like her dfed brother-in-law (who got dfed for "fornicating" with his wife before they got married). Then she asked if I was sleeping with her. I told her I'm not going to discuss that matter, as it is private. She responded, "so does that mean yes?" I responded affirmatively. I had decided I wasn't going to lie, and I realized that she was going to think I was sexually active unless I said no, so I wasn't going to lie and say no. She predictably freaked out. Interestingly, she used quite a bit of profanity as well. Last I heard she called my parents, who are now talking about finding another place for my JW brother who lives with me. In the meantime though, he's still at my place, and doesn't seem to be aware of anything. In fact, an elder was over for his weekly study with my brother and didn't say a word. I'm hoping they're figuring that since I've been inactive for so long, and don't really present myself as a JW anymore, they're going to let the matter rest.

I personally haven't talked to my parents about it, so I don't really know what's going on, and I don't want to bring it up, either. I kind of hope my brother moves out, because then my exit from the organization will be pretty much complete.

• besty
    besty

http://watchtower.org/e/20021222/article_02.htm

One Way of Kicking the Habit
    Thomas, a 23-year-old Christian, recalls: "When I was a schoolboy, my homework suffered a lot because of my game playing. Later in life it affected other things. I continued playing, even after I became a full-time volunteer minister. I finally realized that it was taking up too much of my time and energy. Sometimes when I had played before going out in the ministry or to a Christian meeting, I found it very difficult to concentrate. I was almost always thinking about how I would solve a certain game problem after getting home. My personal study and regular Bible reading suffered. My joy in serving God began to decline."Late one night when in bed, I felt that I just couldn't go on like that. I got up, turned on my computer, selected all the games, and pushed the delete button. Gone in a second! That was really tough. I realized that I was more attached to games than I had thought. But I also experienced a great feeling of victory because I knew that I had done it for my own good. I admit that I have bought a few games since then. But now I am far stricter with myself. As soon as I find it difficult to keep my playing at a balanced level, I just push the delete button again."

She ain't sqeaky clean herself....

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I'm hoping they're figuring that since I've been inactive for so long, and don't really present myself as a JW anymore, they're going to let the matter rest.

That probably won't happen. If you were baptized, they'll df you.

I personally haven't talked to my parents about it, so I don't really know what's going on, and I don't want to bring it up, either. I kind of hope my brother moves out, because then my exit from the organization will be pretty much complete.

Is there any way to keep him out of the cult?

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

soooo...this dub is 1) playing WoW and 2) using profanity and 3) on the evil internet and 4) is asking about your private sex life?

WTF is wrong with her? What gives anyone the right to ask about your sex life? Intrusive MF. And doing 4 things that she shouldnt be doing.

Maybe this is the best...get out of the cult..except for what happens with your family of course..but I am guessing this just expedites the inevitable with them...

congrats on the g/f...and i dont give a crap what you two do in the bedroom....LOL

Snakes ()

• beksbks
    beksbks

What the hell possesses people to actually take the information and make the call to authorities???

What world are you on?

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

"What world are you on?

If you're asking me which server I play on, it's Gorefiend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit