Stress related

by Tammie 2 Replies latest social physical

• Tammie
    Tammie

Before my husband and I dissocated ourselves, things was very stressful for the two of us. And I'm sure it went to the kids. But since then I and my husband have both noticed considerable good changes going on in our lives. Now I don't think it was so much the religion, but our JW relatives who was the cause of the problem. Who know may be it was a combination of both. My mom was always trying to undermind our marrage, I was always bombarded with negative things said about my husband, meeting attendance and so on. When I was a JW I had her, and several other JW relatives tell me and my husband that we would die at Armageddon, and we was going to the meetings and all the stuff assocated with JW's. I had a JW brother in law constantly lied and slandered about us to other relatives. I had JW relatives tell me my children was going to be killed at Armageddon. Now I was a JW, when all this was going on. I would some time even have them show up at my door at 11pm or midnight. All because of this I was gaining weight, and both my husband and I was having stress related problems. I even stopped having my monthly cycle for nearly 6 years. Dr's could not figgure out what was wrong with me. And mom tried her best to convence me that I was dying of cancer or some other life threating problem. My husband was loosing his hair, and was having bleeding problems. The dr said his problem was due to stress. Even our youngest son, well he was having problems also. And it scared the he## out of me.
    Now it has been (Aug. 2001) 4 months since our relatives have dissowned us, because we DA ourselves from the JW's. And this is what is going on. My husband's hair stopped falling out, and his bleeding problem has totaly stopped, and the same goes for my son. With me I have been loosing weight and I'm not even on a diet. And since then I've had my 2nd monthly cycle. The first one was back in Oct.
    Yea, I miss having a family, but not at the sake of my health. I'm am so glad that they are out of my life now. I do have other relatives who are filling in the empty spaces, so that helps some. And I still have my children and my husband. And they are more important than any lieing, slandering, back stabbers of people. I told my husband, if I ever went back to being a JW (FAT CHANCE, NEVER WILL HAPPEN). I would never allow them back in my lives ever again. And if they ever left that orgization there would be some of them I would never allow to mess with me ever again. The trust issue has been broken by certain family relatives.
    And I don't want to forget the most importing thing. Having you guys and gals to talk to. Thanks.

• gilwarrior
    gilwarrior

Good for you Tammie. Screw em!

• Latte
    Latte

Dear Tammie,

Sorry....I missed this one!

I am so glad that your general health etc has now improved

The JW life was so incredibly stressful, even more so when you have a family, and work to take care of. I looked back at some old photo's of my husband, and the word 'stress' was written all over him.
    We are much healthier now, both physically, spiritually....and mentally.

I hope that you both continue on the road to good health!

Latte

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit