For Faders anti-DA tactic ??

by wobble 4 Replies latest jw friends

• wobble
    wobble

If,like me,you wish to fade only,because of family "in" etc. if you were threatened with being DA'd ,but you still believe in god,you could try this:

say that if they announce that you are no longer a Jehovah.s Witness you will sue the three Elders on the JC for slander as you still witness about Almighty God,and you cherish your reputation.

Reckon this would work????

Love

Wobble

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

You always have the right to sue. Unfortunately, the precedent is that JW's are allowed to prosecute their own undertanding of disfellowshipping and disassociation as long as it meets their stated standards. Libel is actually part of the process, and there isn't a whole lot to be done about it.

Libel within religious groups is a constitutionally protected form of free speech, esp because it is in a religious context. There isn't any precedent to interfere with such kinds of speech within a religious community.

• blondie
    blondie

I thought that recently a woman sued another church for kicking her out and publicizing. Have other churches been sued successfully?

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

It's interesting, Jesus said that an ex-brother should be treated "as a man of the nations". A JW will knock on the door of a worldly person but not even acknowledge an ex-brother in the street.

I guess Jesus was wrong ?

• wobble
    wobble

Obviously the law is different whever you are,but here in the UK we do not have quite the same legal protection for religions as in,say, the US of A

So it may work(perhaps just the threat of going legal) in some parts of the World.

Love

Wobble

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit