John Travolta's Son Dies

by choosing life 3 Replies latest jw friends

• choosing life
    choosing life

It sounds like a parent's nightmare. So tragic! This is the first time I have seen pictures of his son. He has such beautiful eyes. I am watching Larry King discuss what is known so far.

So tragic to lose a child.

• jws
    jws

Travolta, who made his mark in films such as Grease, Saturday Night Fever and Pulp Fiction, and his actress wife, Kelly Preston, have both said that Jett suffered from Kawasaki Syndrome when he was a toddler, which inflames blood vessels.

Jett also suffered from asthma. Preston has said she blames household cleaners for both conditions and undertook a program of detoxification based on a Church of Scientology program.

I wonder whether real medical treatment could have prevented this.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I read an article that said that death by Kawasaki is unusual but that death by even treated seizures is not as unusual. It said that he might have been going through a testing of meds for

seizures and trying to balance the meds. This is done under a doctor's care and is done to balance meds to get the right dosage. If it got imbalanced to much, he could have died. Or, the

seizure was of such power that it over powered the meds that were normally effective. Nothing is certain as to how he actually died though because the autopsy report hasn't been released.

Of course, he may not have been on meds at all. I would like to know. They have already cremated him and returned to Florida.

• choosing life
    choosing life

I have heard conflicting accounts of whether Jett was on seizure meds or not. On Larry King, they said he had been taken off of seizure meds years ago.

The fact that they cremated him so quickly and that they insisted on ther own special doctor to be present at the autoposy makes me wonder if he was being treated properly medically.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit