Hey, I just realized something!

by pseattle2 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pseattle2
    pseattle2

The price of a gallon of gas is back down to around 2 bucks -- less than that, even, if you don't get premium.

So, with that "hardship to brothers" at least temporarily lessened, does that mean the weekly one-hour book study in private homes is back on again?

C'mon, WT! Bring it back! Unless, of course, you had other reasons for cancelling the book study...

--P

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

don't get used to it... the goverment isgoing to put an extra $.15 to $.20 extra tax a gallon.

what's funny iswhen the gas was high they were talking about atax holiday

• pseattle2
    pseattle2

My point was that one of the rationales the WTS used for cancelling the weekly book study was because they wanted to reduce the "hardship" on brothers who had to drive, and they specifically referred to the price of gasoline, which at the time was much much higher than it is now (and higher than it will be when they add your suggested 15/20 cents).

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

When the new meeting arrangement letter came out my mother-in-law soon claimed that the Society predicted gas would be $10 a gallon this month.

When I objected my wife said, "The Society usually knows things before they happen."

Now that January is here, they're like the Society. "We never said that. You're being too critical."

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

I recently asked an "active" Witness about the price of gas now at a 7 year low, if

the WTBTS will bring back the CBS since the reason for stopping it was due to the

high cost of gas and the hardship that this put on the brothers. The Witness told

me that the Society never said that the high price of gas was the reason. Here

we go again with "We did not say that, there were some over zealous brothers

who were running ahead of the organization who said that."

TBTS

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Once a cult always a cult.

• Lieu
    Lieu

Gas will be going back up with the ME silliness.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Can someone direct me to my local bookstudy, I just don't know what to do with my free time

• One true Jesus Freak
    One true Jesus Freak

I'm quoting to the person above who said "can you direct me to my local book study, I just don't know what to do with my free time."

I'm with you on that one, Im sick today, but I should not care about my health and go out door to door. Oh wait, I have to learn to be JW first. I'll get on that one right away. lol

On the subject of gas. I think that was just a summer fluke because that is when people do most of their traveling. The state(s) took advantage of that, then noticed that it was harming the economy and wanted people to travel (spend money) so they lower it. It's slowly raising again, but not as fast as it did last summer. But we will wait and see.

I honestly do not see that gas was the reason. It takes fuel sources to print the magazines too. What about all the electricity they have to use to do those 3 day long assemblies? The time people have to take from work, that money is a loss too. I can go on with my random thoughts, but I will spare you for now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit