Ted Jaracz is not one of Christ’s Brothers – Special Day Assembly Report

by zarco 28 Replies latest jw friends

• zarco
    zarco

During a recent Special Day Assembly Program, Ted said that woman in a physically abusive marriage should submit to her husband so that eventually her husbands may respond to their submission and come to worship god. My family was completely shocked. Can you imagine the culpability and responsibility of this man who claims to speak for the Christ to encourage women to get beat up as way to encourage their abusive husbands to come into the truth. Is this what Christ would have encouraged? In the same talk while promoting the use of the Bible he told the audience that we should be like the Boreans and examine what is said from the platform, not to question but to confirm what is said. The arrogance of this man is beyond comprehension as he has the audacity to change the Bible’s message to suit his purposes. As usual he hid from the brotherhood before, during the lunch break and after the Assembly Day. Jesus, Paul and others would have been with the brotherhood to encourage and engage, not to hide away. This man is evil or an idiot. Christ like – not a chance. Zarco

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

of the senior men during WT history , it seems like the most pleasant were Charles Taze Russel and Milton Henschel

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Hi Zarco. (and by the way, its Ted Jaracz)

Don't feel bad, Jaracz didn't even do a single lecture for our Gilead class. He farmed them out to Geoff Jackson. He coudn't be bothered. If he didn't say hi to you, he didn't say hi to (what I learned later) to several Gilead classes, ours included.

I can't wait till he dies. Just because he has caused so much misery.

• 5go
    5go
    This man is evil or an idiot

An Idiot there is no evil in the world just stupid people doing and repeating stupid things.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree
    Ted said that woman in a physically abusive marriage should submit to her husband so that eventually her husbands may respond to their submission and come to worship god.

Of course this is official WT teaching.

If

rsp.251Marriage***matesjustcannotlivetogetherinpeace,isseparationpermissible?

1 Cor. 7:10-16: "To the married people I give instructions, yet not I but the Lord, that a wife should not depart from her husband; but if she should actually depart, let her remain unmarried or else make up again with her husband; and a husband should not leave his wife. But to the others I say, yes, I, not the Lord [but, as verse 40 shows, Paul was directed by holy spirit]: If any brother has an unbelieving wife, and yet she is agreeable to dwelling with him, let him not leave her; and a woman who has an unbelieving husband, and yet he is agreeable to dwelling with her, let her not leave her husband. For the unbelieving husband is sanctified in relation to his wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified in relation to the brother; otherwise, your children would really be unclean, but now they are holy. But if the unbelieving one proceeds to depart, let him depart; a brother or a sister is not in servitude under such circumstances, but God has called you to peace. For, wife, how do you know but that you will save your husband? Or, husband, how do you know but that you will save your wife?" (Why would the believer put up with hardship and earnestly endeavor to hold the marriage together? Out of respect for the divine origin of marriage and in hope that the unbeliever may in time be helped to become a servant of the true God.)

KEEPING

w714/1pp.202-203UnitingtheDividedHousehold***INTEGRITY—THEFIRSTGOAL

This brings us to the first goal in a divided household. What is that? The believer needs to keep integrity to God and to obey the one through whom God speaks today—his beloved Son, Jesus Christ. To yield integrity is to yield life itself. (Heb. 1:1, 2; 2:3; Matt. 10:32-35) When discussing divided households, Jesus said: "Indeed, a man’s enemies will be persons of his own household," and then Jesus explained: "He that has greater affection for father or mother than for me is not worthy of me; and he that has greater affection for son or daughter than for me is not worthy of me." (Matt. 10:36, 37) If it must come to a showdown, then what? The believer must "obey God as ruler rather than men." (Acts 5:29) True, it may be a long war of nerves, but keep the goal of integrity foremost. The believer should refuse to become provoked or loud, when the going gets difficult. Realize that it is better to take abuse than to give it. (Eph. 4:26, 29, 31) And all who are members of the Christian congregation can help these persons who are fighting the battle of integrity on the home front. Encourage them to endure, to keep integrity to Almighty God.
  • Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

A convulsive idiot forlorn and delusional on reality.

Well folks this what happens when people think its better to follow the social morals of 2000 year old ancient Israelites.

Submit to Ted folks he's well educated in modern human sociality.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Ok I have to find another way to post out of WTLIB 2007. Sorry about the formatting. It just proves that one version of WT teaching in this area is to "grin and bear it" in hope the "unbeliever" will come around.

Isaac

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    Ok I have to find another way to post out of WTLIB 2007. Sorry about the formatting.

Do you have Word? Try importing it their first.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

From experiance, letting a man continue to beat the hell out of you does not rehabilitate them, bring them closer to God or make them sorry for doing it.

They will not be won over without a word or any of that other BS they put out.

They will beat the shit out of you and you will like it or get the hell away.

If any woman here is abused, get out of that situation and quickly.

If you need help, PM me.

purps

• loosie
    loosie

DiId he say what to do in the case of a jw husband who is beaten by his unbelieving wife? Should the husband submit to his wife so she can learn the truth? Or do the men get to hit back?

Just curious

loosie ( of the too much of a feminist to be a jw class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit