Some gears running...?

by XxJazzxX 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• XxJazzxX
    XxJazzxX

Yesterday, it was my wife's birthday. She assumed that this year. her birthday was going to be somewhat dry like last year(she couldnt hardly do anything because she was pregnant with our daughter at the time. Did I mention she's a JW seeking reinstatement as well...?)

This year I decided to get her the simple things she likes and out to dinner.(Yes, she enjoyed it!) While we were at Chili's she discovered that a JW friend she grew up with works there and they caught up with some lost time. Apparently, her friend just faded away from the org ever since his family kind of split apart and he's married to a woman who's raised as a Catholic. They we're going on how hard it is to go back. He has some personal reasons on why he couldnt go back, including the time he has to make to go to the meetings. Whereas, my wife's only issue is that she's beginning to question the fact that why does she have to prove to the Elders that she haven't left God instead of proving to God directly. But anyways, they left it at that and we enjoyed the rest of our night.

what I'm starting to think is...am i having a positive influence about this or did she came up with this herself? Even though I made her think about her getting reinstated is only making the elders JUDGE(something Christ doesnt want any of his followers to do) her by her actions, I would never think that she would dare to celebrate her birthday ever again. Especially after the many times she said, "God didnt command us to do it!" or "Only 2 birthdays are mentioned in the Bible!" Whatever the case may be, I'm glad I'm starting to see some results. Slowly, but surely...

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Sounds like a good sign to me! Congrats on the new little one and congrats on having a great relationship with a spouse who is thinking for herself.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Sounds good keep working on it! It takes time.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Hope it works. Hate the idea of her dragging a little one to the meeting only to be shunned. Keep supporting her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit