For JunctionGuy

by StAnn 7 Replies latest jw friends

• StAnn
    StAnn

Just thought you'd enjoy this but didn't want to deprive any of the other JWDers either! Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wigjZ7ng_tc

StAnn

• StAnn
    StAnn

What, no Seldom Scene fans out there?

StAnn

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I am a fan. As a matter of fact, I put that on a CD I made for JG last year.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Well, then, here's another great bluegrass tune! I used to sing this to my oldest boy when he was little.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wejj8G9ZoXY

StAnn

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I love Ricky Scaggs. I have loved bluegrass ever since I was a tiny kid watching the Darlin Boys (Dillards, saw them in person as a teen) and Lester flatt and Earl Scruggs on Beverly Hillibillies. I correspond with John McEuen of the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. He plays mostly banjo. He once jumped over my head at the same venue where I saw the Dillards.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Thank you for your time in doing this, I appreciate it, the only thing is I can't access this clip from JWD. I am a big bluegrass fan for sure.

I wish you and everyone else a Happy New Year.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Flyin', I saw the NGDB at the Longbranch in Raleigh, NC, seems like! Many moons ago.

They used to keep their van parked up on US 1.

Loved them in Little Big Man.

StAnn

• junctions-wife
    junctions-wife

Dave has always loved bluegrass. He used to drive me crazy with it. But then I got into it a little bit. My all time favorite to this day is Bill Monroe. I got to see him in person when I was 12 or 13 in Columbus Ohio. My best friend at the time her Step-Father loved to listen to it. She started to take violin lessons so she could learn how to play. So we would go at least once or twice a month. I always had a wonderfull time. It didn't help matters that was always cute boys there either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit