How ...

by SPAZnik 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

... did they go from "religion is a snare and a racket" to BEING ONE? This puzzled me even when I was in it. Is this not the height of hypocrisy?

• snowbird
    snowbird

When the light gets brighter, they do a U-turn.

Sylvia

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

It was just one of their expressed statements to inadvertently place a black blanket over other religious faiths and put a white blanket over them,

consider it a culling process.

Its very ironic though as the years progressed that statement would accurately describe this religion to a tee.

It may have been their voice regarding the practice of tithing or plate passing in most common religions.

The WTS. on the other hand made their coin off of their own deviously designed published literature.

• yknot
    yknot
    ... did they go from "religion is a snare and a racket" to BEING ONE? This puzzled me even when I was in it. Is this not the height of hypocrisy?

Well the definition of religion changed within the 'Society'. Previously under Russell and Rutherford (and initailly Knorr/Franz) religion was all worship based on traditions of men, those that were not of or went beyond the Bible. In 1951 it changed, now religion was about being true (pure) or false (worldly). Without going into a long post..... please refer to the Nov 1, 1951 T he Triumph of Clean, Undefiled Worship Here is a snipet....

*** w51 11/1 pp. 660-661 par. 16 The Triumph of Clean, Undefiled Worship ***

Let us all understand this matter clearly, the way the true God gives us to understand it: There can be no compromise between true Christianity and the religion of this world. Before bringing the Israelites into the land of Palestine which he had promised them, God made this matter perfectly clear to them. At the beginning of their forty-year journey there he said to them: "In all things that I have said unto you take ye heed: and make no mention of the name of other gods, neither let it be heard out of thy mouth. . . . I will deliver the inhabitants of the land into your hand; and thou shalt drive them out before thee. Thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor with their gods. They shall not dwell in thy land, lest they make thee sin against me; for if thou serve their gods, it will surely be a snare unto thee." In the face of that divine statement who can object to the slogan that false, worldly religion is a snare and is worked as a racket?

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

lol ... true, Snowbird.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Homerovah ... yeah. So they make one or two small tweaks and then think that sets them apart. That's like me saying someone else isn't a human being because they make their money differently than I make my money. Pffft.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Thx for the snippet, ynot. Yes, I agree it does ultimately come down to men dissing the traditions of other men. Very true. According to the JWs, men should wipe their asses twice a week in a building with no windows and NOT once a week in a building with a cross on top. Much, much cleaner and that much more godly. :O)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit