Examining the Scriptures Daily 2009 (week #1) pdf

by bronzefist 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

Thought maybe some here haven't seen one of these in awhile and might be interested in it. Feel free to post some comments on any day's text....how you were affected by it or whatever. Maybe you have issues on how you were treated just the opposite of the comments therein. I know my family studied the thing once in awhile together.... for a day or two then stopped. When I conducted FS arrangements we went over the day's text and tried to apply it to that day's D2D "work, and some of the comments people made were funny as hell.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lxy1cp

brzfst

• yknot
    yknot

Always important to start the year off right....

The Bible, now available in whole or in part in over 2,400 languages, can be found virtually everywhere on earth. So it is widely accessible. But Jehovah God has done more for us. He has been using a channel through which spiritual food is being dispensed
    "at the proper time." (Matt. 24:45) One of the publications provided, in use for over 125 years, is the Watchtower magazine.

Hmm is it really a good idea to remind folks the that the WT has been pronouncing the end is nigh longer then Noah preached repentance before the flood?

Thursday, January 1

EuodiaIexhortandSyntycheIexhorttobeofthesamemindintheLord.—Phil.4:2.

From time to time, misunderstandings or problems occur in a congregation, as they did in the flrst century when some of the
    apostles were still present. An overseer or another person may ay something that seems rude, unkind, or not quite true. Or we
    may think that something unscriptural is happening, but it seems that although the local elders are aware of it, they do not
    correct the matter. Of course, it may be that the issue has been or is being handled in accord with the Scriptures and in the light of
    facts of which we are unaware. But even if the situation is what we think it is, consider this: For a while, a serious wrong existed in
    the Corinthian congregation. In time, Jehovah had the wrongdoing handled, correctly and firmly. (1 Cor. 5:1, 5, 9-11) We might
    ask ourselves, 'If I had lived in Corinth back then, how would I have reacted in the meantime?' w07 4/I5 2:I3

January 1..... R&F, Elders are appointed by holy spirit, we the GB are not 'inspired' but are still 'spirit-directed'......do our bidding, as we say, when we say, and only if we say......... or lose salvation for not treating Christ's Brothers as we say we deserve to be treated!

Would anyone like to comment referencing the full context of Phil. 4:2?

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Is this seriously the day's text for the first day of the New Year? Way to start off on a sour note!

After well nigh 40 years in this cult, I would say disagreements were the distinguishing feature of just about every congregation I was in...helped me FINALLY see the light! The disconnect between the love the 'titled ones' continually preach from the podium and the everyday reality of congregational disunity and strife ongoing between those selfsame hypocrites is actually what helped propel me to never sit through those aptly called 'boasting sessions' again. Small wonder why I always found the 'daily text' distasteful on the few mornings I actually was subjected to having it read, such as meetings for fs. Thanks for this flashback...it just reinforces my decision to never again subject myself to this propaganda.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

tell that to the families that are victims of sexual abuse.

purps

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

In the introductory, "The Way" is mentioned twice, in its capitalized form.

Does this mean that WT is starting to condone and open up to "false religion". Is this a subliminal merger into mainstream?

The Way also prints their own books (rather than using the bible) and is an international organization.

The Way also publishes cartoon magazines, just like the WT.

The Way Magazine ®

PS : They are big on using the buzz word "transformation".

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

Sunday, January 4th. Text is Deut. 32:4, "The Rock, perfect is his activity."

And then they follow up with "Do you love to imagine life in Paradise?" WTH? How did they link that together?

Oh right... there's no Christian promise of a Paradise earth...

• yknot
    yknot

Friday, January 2

Direct

your heart unswervingly to Jehovah and serve him alone.—1 Sam.7:3.

The Bible does not say how old Samuel was when he died, but events in the book of First Samuel cover about 102 years, and Samuel witnessed most of them. At Hebrews 11:32, 33, we read that upright judges and prophets "effected righteousness." Yes, Samuel influenced some of his contemporaries to avoid or abandon wrongdoing. (1 Sam. 7:2, 4) By what means? He was loyal to Jehovah throughout his life. (1 Sam. 12:2-5) He was not afraid to give strong counsel even to the king. (1 Sam. 15:16-29) In addition, Samuel, having "grown old and gray," proved himself exemplary in praying with regard to others. He declared it "unthinkable . . . to sin against Jehovah by ceasing to pray" in behalf of his fellow Israelites. (1 Sam. 12:2, 23) All of this highlights that aged ones can exert an influence for good on fellow servants of Jehovah. w07 6/1 2:13, 14

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In some ways I am happy to see the WTS trying to 'upbuild' the spirits of older ones.........but then again I am pissed at them pandering when they know good and damn well that they will continue to abandon the ideas!

He was not afraid to give strong counsel even to the king.

I am not afraid to give 'strong counsel' even to the GB, but I bet my ass they will label me with many profane utterings.

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

Friday:Direct your heart unswervingly to Jehovah and serve him alone. 1 Sam 7:3

There are so many that I have known that cannot separate "the organization" from God. In fact they equate "the organization" as God. Speak against any of the "FDS teachings" and you are speaking against God.

The sad thing is that fear rules at the hall. Bow down to the dictates of the Watchtower's "new light"...."and serve it alone." You are against God if you miss meetings....you are against God if you don't knock on doors, even as you hate doing so. You are against God if you allow your mind to think independently. You may question as long as you accept our answers. Wake up people and.... "Direct your heart unswervingly to Jehovah and serve himalone."

brzfst

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I always found that dubs rarely differentiated between the scripture and the WT comment, I would deal with it from The Bible but they would insist on answering from the comment..It was all the same to them. I never bothered with the text at home.

• yknot
    yknot

Saturday, January 3

Your word is a lam pto my foot, and a light to my roadway.—Ps.119:105.

God’s statements and reminders can help us to overcome obstacles that we may encounter on our path. When we read the Bible and let it guide us, we are experiencing firsthand what is described at Isaiah 30:21: "Your own ears will hear a word behind you saying: ‘This is the way. Walk in it, you people.’" Note, though, that Psalm 119:105 points to two related functions of God’s Word. First, it serves as a lamp to our foot. When we face day-to-day challenges, principles found in the Bible should guide our steps so that we make wise decisions and avoid the traps and pitfalls of this world. Second, God’s reminders light our roadway, helping us to make choices that are consistent with our hope of living forever in God’s promised Paradise. Thus, we will be able to discern the consequences—good or bad—of a particular course.—Rom. 14:21; 1 Tim. 6:9; Rev. 22:12. w07 5/1 1:4,5

................BUT......................

We all know indepented Bible reading is discouraged........

*** w81 8/15 pp. 28-29 par. 14 Serving Jehovah "Shoulder to Shoulder" ***

They say that it is sufficient to read the Bible exclusively, either alone or in small groups at home. But, strangely, through such ‘Bible reading,’ they have reverted right back to the apostate doctrines that commentaries by Christendom’s clergy were teaching 100 years ago, and some have even returned to celebrating Christendom’s festivals again, such as the Roman Saturnalia of December 25! Jesus and his apostles warned against such lawless ones.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit