The only way to leave is to believe

by halcyon 3 Replies latest jw friends

• halcyon
    halcyon

that it's OKAY for there to be no "other place" to go to.

Once you realize that there doesn't have to be one right religion that one must be a part of, but that life is blessedly filled with imperfect ways and people who ALL have a little bit of truth, then you find that you can leave with peace of mind. (That doesn't make it any easier to be shunned and lose family, but at least inside yourself you're not filled with a gnawing fear of your own decision.)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is also possible to have no religion. Having no religion is better than having a religion that is damaging and that you cannot live with.

• wobble
    wobble

The "But where would we go?" question is typical Dub propaganda and Scripture twisting.

Shame on me I said it myself a couple of years ago.

Peter asked"but Lord WHO should we go away to,you have the sayings of everlasting life" (Loose rendition from memory)

So the answer to Dubs is "where to? You could do worse than go to Jesus"

I do agree though that a religion is not necessary,proof of that is first centuary Jewish Christians,they didn't have to leave their religion,they simply put faith in Jesus as the Messiah.

Organized Religions are made by men to dominate men and ALL contain some error. Most Christian faiths contain less error than Jehovah's Witnesses.

Love

Wobble

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

JWs say "where else would we go?" when they see flaws in the organization with such consistency. I believe the WT has deliberately planted that thought in their followers minds to discourage them from leaving.

One former brother, who also noticed how frequently that comment was made, said, "That's just not a reason to stay." I agree.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit