Last meeting this week or last?

by carla 6 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

Why did some of you have your last meeting last week? Mine is gone for his regular Tues meeting. Where is the unity folks? Why would they end it for some last week and others have this as the last one? (I'm guessing)

• watson
    watson

Maybe their bs is on Thursday night. If so, this week would be the first meeting of the new year for them. Tuesday night finishes this week, last of 2008. My 2 cents.

• sir82
    sir82

The new arrangement begins "the week beginning December 29". That is universal, for all congregations.

My best guess is that your significant other forgot that the new arrangement begins tonight for his congregation. Lucky you, he'll be there with you on Thursday instead of at his book study.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Not all book studies are on Tuesday. Some are even on Saturday's.

Like watson said, Thursday starts the new year so many may have already ended their group.

There could be some other issue at play.

-Aude.

PS: Then again, Sir82 has been an active witness MUCH more recently than I so disregard my comment.

• carla
    carla

Home on Thurs now instead??!! awww, come on! Lost is on then! hmm, his kh has two congs and they traded with the other cong to have the Sun meeting in the afternoon, I think they are supposed to split the year with that arrangement. I suppose that will go back to mornings with the new year?

I know nothing, I don't think he is allowed to tell me anything at all. No 'spiritual discussions and apparently no letting me know when he will be around or not. Guess that's what happens to ubm's who get busted doing anti witness activities.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Some congregations have the Theocraptic Misery "School(??)" and Circus Meeting on Tuesday instead of Thursday.

• IWillBeDubbedNoMore
    IWillBeDubbedNoMore

Just got off the phone with my sister. She is having her CO this week. I asked about the new meeting arrangement. There wasn’t one. Yesterday they had a congregation book study and CO’s talk. Tomorrow will be TMS and SM and CO’s talk. Next week will be just the one night.

I wonder if the CO schedule will remain throughout the year?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit