I Met a Member of the Generation that will not Pass Away

by Nosferatu 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

She was born in 1910, in a wheelchair, and wore a bib to catch her drool. They're not all dead yet! Armageddon could still come!

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C

Yes, and there are still millions of people alive around the world who were born right before 1925. True, they were infants when Rutherford was wheeling and dealing his message, but the Watchtower needs all of the loopholes it can get. Lord knows they use them!

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I hope you didn't mention to her that it was all a carefully devised fraud to help sell and promote literature.

The WTS. would love to hear of this and probably would say we knew there had to be someone left, see we were right all a long

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

He started that campaign in 1918. When he first said it, their clock started ticking. Again.

• I quit!
    I quit!
    She was born in 1910, in a wheelchair, and wore a bib to catch her drool. They're not all dead yet! Armageddon could still come!

If all their hopes of the generation not passing away are pinned on her the had better be feeding her right and pumping her up with vitamins and preservatives.

• shamus100
    shamus100

What? You mean the Watchtower wasn't right???

They should really go back and start changing more watchtowers again - like the one that said that we likely wouldn't see the 21st century.

• I quit!
    I quit!

Actually the WT has change the definition of "the generation" several times over the years. It used to be that they had to be old enough to understand what happen in 1914 in other words born around the turn of the century. Then it change to refer to person who were born in 1914 or there abouts. That bought them a few more years. Then it change to include anyone who claimed to have a vague recollection of hearing someone say they may have heard of someone who said that they may have know someone who remembered the big things that went on in 1914. (Just kidding but it almost is that silly}

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ makes so many Product Claims.......My question is..Can the "Generation that will not Pass Away"..Pass the OUTLAW BaseBall Bat Test??..ThreateningThreateningThreatening.....Coffin And Smoking.........................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

If she was born in 1910 then she does not really count. She was 4 when the first war began an still only 8 when it ended.

If you take the Society's revised definition (though still not the rather confusing current definition) that the generation is those alive contemporary with events taking place in the world, we have had at least 4 or 5 generations since she was born. For example you could say:

• Those world leaders of WWI - people who would have been at the time in the 40 years plus age braken
    • The between the wars generation
    • Those world leaders of WWII
    • The baby boomer generation post WWII
    • The modern generation born since the start of the computer age (I know computers were around before then but weren't pervasive as they are now)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit