What did you not do because of attending the Tuesday night group?

by eyeslice 7 Replies latest jw friends

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

As a loyal Witness I would never have done anything on a Tuesday night except attend the group study.

When I was at school it was a definate no to after school activities on a Tuesday (though it was much the same for other nights of the week as well). Then I would never go to any night classes on a Tuesday, which somewhat limits access to higher education. Never stayed in to watch TV no matter what was on.

• blondie
    blondie

I knew jws that just went to a Monday, Wednesday, or Saturday am book study even in a nearby congregation and still went to school on Tuesday night.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Nova was on Tuesday evenings at 8:00 PM, and I would have to miss that because of the boasting session.

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

I once wanted to take my puppy to obedience classes, but the only one available was on Tuesday night so I did not. Wish I could do it over and take my dog.

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

Actually Tuesday night was the Ministry School and Service Meeting because we had two congregations meeting at the same KH.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

When I went back to school (while still in), I requested Tues and Thu off, so I could go to school all day and still make the meeting. That meant working every other day. I had to work every other weekend, so an occasional Sunday was missed. Do you know I got flack about it. Here I was killing myself, made more meetings than most elders wives and people had to say something because it was for college. One of the many nails in my coffin.

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

When I was a kid I hated missing the Batman TV series.

• is there help out there
    is there help out there

To mimimimi, I hope your dog is still with you. He or she is your best friend. You will never find a friend like that at the WT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit