Inauguration Bible Verse for Mr. Obama

by cameo-d 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Traditionally, during the inauguration the bible is opened to a "meaningful" verse of scripture chosen by the pres.-elect.

What scripture would you like to see Mr. Obama swear upon?

Do you think he should be sworn in using a Bible, with all it's mistranslations, additions of the divine right of kings, and messages of the destroyer god?

When swearing on a Bible, is there an implied allegiance to the catholic church since the papacy had all the authority to chose the canons "allowed" in the Bible?

CNN) -- While President-elect Barack Obama will certainly be making history when he takes the oath of office on January 20, he'll also be repeating it -- by placing his hand on the same Bible that Abraham Lincoln used during the inauguration of 1861.

The Constitution does not require presidents to be sworn in on a Bible, though almost every chief executive since George Washington has chosen to do so. Presidents have differed greatly, however, on the question of which passage the Bible should be opened to during the swearing-in ceremony.

It brings up the question of what -- if any -- biblical passage Obama will emphasize.

According to Gleaves Whitney, a presidential historian at Michigan's Grand Valley State University, II Chronicles 7:14 was used for three swearing-in ceremonies: "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

In this season of economic distress, however, the president-elect may prefer to follow the lead of Franklin Roosevelt. When FDR first took the oath of office in 1933, the country was reeling under the crushing weight of the Great Depression.

If Obama wants to stress that theme again on January 20, he may prefer to follow Bill Clinton's lead from the 1997 inaugural and open the Bible to Isaiah 58:12: "Thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations, and thou shalt be called the repairer of the breach."

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C

Barack Obama could be sworn in on one of Martha Stewart's decorating books, for all I care.

• jacethespace
    jacethespace

Its been reported in the news he will be sworn in on Abraham Lincolns bible.

• Gill
    Gill

The one where it says that 'The ~D~ebil came down, rather angry, knowing he had only a short time to cause a lot of trouble.....' or words to that effect.

Obama, the antidote to Osama, is the velvet gloved fist that will attempt to knock us back to feudal times and he doesn't have much time to do it in as people all around the world are waking up to the fact that the last 100 years of ever increasing living standard has simply existed to 'soften us all up' so that we cannot survive the privations to come.

The internet has been a wonderful fantasy that has permitted us all to 'link hands' and communicate what is happening and wake up. But very soon, this channel will be taken away from us and we will have to remember all that we have learnt......everything 'they' tell us to believe is a LIE.

Go knock yourself out, Mr Obama and your Masters, because there are more of us than there are of you and we are awake, talking, understanding and beginning to stand against tyranny and oppression.

Are you ready for the 'Debil' to come down to 'Georgia!' because the proverbial doo doo is about to hit the fan and you need somewhere to duck behind.

It has been sad to see people believe that they have a Messiah in Mr Obama because infact they have the opposite.

Big Brother has been born and he is about to attempt stamp his boot on all our faces!

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Deutoronmy, a book supposedly written by Moses, states that 'the Jews are above all people that are on the face of the earth' and 'above all the nations on the earth'.

If Obama swears on the Bible...does it mean that he affirms this belief?

If so, then where is his allegiance to America? By swearing on this book wouldn't he in essence be upholding a policy to put Isreal and the Jews above the needs of this nation?

• Gill
    Gill

The chances are that the Rothschilds own the Federal Reserve and it is to the Rothschilds that the Americans and the British are now falling furthur and furthur into debt.

In effect therefore, Obama is swearing allegiance to a powerful Sumerian / Israeli by disguise dynasty. Since these people were potentially behind the writing of the Bible as it is accepted now, as a tool of control, he is correctly swearing his allegiance to the 'Gods' of this world......at least they remain Gods until their disguise is exposed.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

I don't think he should be sworn in on the Bible. I think he should be sworn in on the constitution and the book "The Four Agreements".

• cameo-d
    cameo-d
    I don't think he should be sworn in on the Bible

I agree.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit