**** Things Dansk did for you *****

by FlyingHighNow 7 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

What did our dear friend Dansk say to you, or do for you that you cherish?

Once, I had to leave JWD for a little while. This is what he said to me and it meant so much to me, coming from such a wonderful, spiritual, big hearted man.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/88647/1480878/post.ashx#1480878 He also sent a private message at the time. Very caring and encouraging it was, too.

Flyin,

Your avatar and posts lighten up the board. Don't stay away too long!

Missing you already

Love,

Ian

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Nothing he said..just his strength to keep pushing on when the odds were against him...makes you never want to give up!

He appreciated life..

I am sure there were times when he wanted to say screw it all but he kept pushing on...

You have to admire a man like that!

Snoozy..

• compound complex
    compound complex

CoCo,

Forgive me, but all I could think of while reading your post was that you need to see a good psychologist. You seem completely screwed up - which doesn't surprise me in the least considering who you've been associating with.

DarthFrosty is right:

Since Jesus said all who follow him will be persecuted on a subconscious level they look for said persecution.

If you want real peace of mind, distance yourself from anything JW-related and get counselling. Stick around, there's plenty to read here, much of it incredibly upbuilding and written by posters who were once as pained as you are now.

Ian

I was not offended because he was respectful. Direct, yes, but certainly not unkind.

I was new to the board and just a bit () susceptible to conflicting emotions and points of view.

Love to you Ian,

CoCo Healed

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

I can't believe all the new names on here. Anyways, one of the things Dansk (Ian) helped me to do, was to open-up about my struggles and post them here on-line for EVERYONE to see. It took some time to get my thoughts together, but it proved to be one of the longest posts I had ever written; exposing a great deal of sensitive reading material (most assuredly) for many of you. He encouraged me. He supported me. He thanked me. He NEVER let me down as a fellow ex-JW.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

We became friends, I was going to visit him when I went back to England, I still will.

• Gordy
    Gordy

When I first appeared on here Ian was one of the first to welcome me. In those early days he sent many an e-mail to encourage me.

I was privileged to have met him.

• south african beef
    south african beef

The first 'conversation' post Ian and I had on here was not anything about JW'ism but about which is better, Manchester or London?!

It was getting quite serious - Ian was getting really passionate about how wonderful the North is and I was responding with arguments which were getting more and more serious. I thought he was one of those dyed in the wool northerners who could not see beyond their own world - and hated anyone 'down South'.

We then had Ian's wonderful thread arranging the Apostacurry - how hard and how much effort the put into that!

Anyway, we went up to Manchester for the Apostacurry. We popped round to Ian's house first - I was a bit nervous wondering how this Manchester loving and Southern hater was going to react to me!

Have no fear, he straight away said that the whole thing was a joke on his part and he gave me a great cuddle! We were instant friends. For me, he certainly was the most kind hearted, friendly and loving person I have ever met - without question.

I still can't believe he isn't with us anymore. My one regret is that I only met him the once. The Apostacurry was such a resounding success though and it will always be in the forefront of my memory as an unforgettable experience, arranged by an unforgettable man - Ian Hinze, a tower of strength for others in their time of need, a selfless, humble man who always had other peoples interests at heart.

RIP dear Ian.

Love and support to Claire, Steph and the rest of your family.

• south african beef

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit