partaking of the emblems

by buffalosrfree 3 Replies latest jw friends

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Anyone know if all during the early years partook of the emblems? And if so, just when did it become on the "annointed" who were the partakers? enquiring minds want to know.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I can only go back 40 years or so. I remember as a little kid there were always several partakers, 3-5, in our congregation. Then as years went by there was only one or two. In our congregation now, no one partakes. My grandparents have reported that when they were younger everyone partook. They all thought they were going to heaven. Then there was a new light about the great crowd and then only certain ones partook.

• blondie
    blondie

Until 1935, most felt they should partake even though they weren't sure they were anointed because the WTS taught that. The few years before that you could see they were opening the door to the idea that not all would partake. The jws I knew that were adults before 1935, partook, and after the "adjustment" stopped partaking.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Blone, and No More Kook Aid thanks for your imput, i thought that might be it, but getting older and don't function as well when trying to remember BS. Thnaks so much once again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit