NEW TRACT

by Sasha 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sasha
    Sasha

Yes, the JW's are out in droves. I have here in my hand the new (SAME OLD) tract.

On page 3, it states JW do not use a cross, etc. etc. and then it tells you to look this up at Ex. 20:3-5 and 1 John 5:21

All that's about is not making yourself anything from the heavens or earth and 1st John Idolitry.

I don't use a cross, and don't have one in my home (Old habits dying hard) but no one worships the cross or prays to a cross, I mean, do they?????? This just sounds like more nonsense.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I filed it away in my flip top filing cabnet in the kitchen....

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Thanks for the warning. The kids are shutting the drapes and the garage door. I think they have to think something to blab about so those JW kids won't have any fun over Xmas break.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Another waste of paper drive? I thought they were supposed to be placing Washtowel Teach books and starting studies out of that instead of having any fun during the "sun worship" break.

• Quandry
    Quandry

I lived in Florida before moving to Texas. I was a witness there for twenty-six years. I remember the tract campaigns when I "vacation pioneered" in the summer. Fifty hours in the sweltering, melting heat!!!! But I walked quickly, determined to get out all my tracts, because "the end" was coming soooooooon.......

When I moved to Texas,eleven years ago, one of the first things I dId was-you guessed it-the tract work. I think it was really cold at the time. By that time, I was walking a lot slower, glad when no one was at home, but glad that I did not have to do a magazine presentation. Oh yeah, that end thing was still coming and so I figured that many of the people must have gotten tracts over the years, and so if they didn't get this one....

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Sasha

I don't use a cross, and don't have one in my home (Old habits dying hard) but no one worships the cross or prays to a cross, I mean, do they?????? This just sounds like more nonsense.

A sepia image of the Watchtower magazine, featuring an illustration of a large tower with cross-shaped windows

1909 Watch Tower cover The only group I know that ever had a problem "worshiping" the cross were the first JWs. If you look at the covers of the early Watchtowers Some had numerous crosses on them.

• Sasha
    Sasha

Yes, I Have seen these old Watchtowers, Deputy Dog....does seem odd. It's just the disinformation that is put in the form of scripture on these tracts, sometimes. You look it up (And I happen to have 2 bibles from the past ) (JW's) and the scripture does not correspond. They kind of make up there own interpretation. There are no mention of crosses in these scriptures, just idolitry.....I am so glad to be out, not guilt here.....they are not the chosen they think they are, fer sure.....Happy Holidays

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

That really is a pathetic thing for the JW's to brag about, a non-issue, and especially stupid considering there is a good case that Jesus may have in fact died on a cross (of some sort). Leolaia has written quite a good article on this.

Having that kind of thing in their tract just turns regular Christians completely off. Dumb.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit