The Elder's wife didn't get the memo...

by kzjw 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kzjw
    kzjw

So I drive to the KH @ 10:30 to pick up the kids (I allow them to attend the Pubic Talk, but not be poisoned by the KoolAid WT study). As I'm in the parking lot, I see ElderX, with whom I've had spirited WT debates heading to his car - he doesn't speak as he now knows I fully oppose the WT. Well from the car his wife sees me, and in her excitement gets out to come over to say hello. She greets me with a hug, and says she misses me and naturally invites me to "try, just try" to come back on Sundays. I nicely tell her, "I've honestly tried, but can't do this anymore". She then invites me to at least give her a call sometime to talk...As she returns to the car ElderX finally "waves" reluctanly and they head on thier way.

Do you think she heard it from her Elder husband? Since making it known I'm a full opposer, having my wife remove WT materials from the house & making it a no JW zone(particularly elders with thier sheparding attempts), not one elder has really said more than a half-hearted "Hi". ElderX and I had even found a little common ground before I went full opposer. His wife is nice enough, and though she's dealt with depression from time to time, I'm sure she means well(well meaning seeing me back in the KH as a UBM trying to stand by my wife-like that will ever happen!). Should I call her? We all know that when she brings up the WTS, she'll only hear from me how the Troof is just a trademark.

Your thoughts?

KZJW

• snowbird
    snowbird
    (I allow them to attend the Pubic Talk,

Freudian slip?

Tee hee hee.

Staunch JW's just don't get - how can anyone NOT want to live forever in Paradise?

You may have to tell them again and again for the very first time that you don't want to do so.

Sylvia

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"Why would anyone want to live forever with Jehovah`s Witness`s?!!"..Chris Rock..............................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

When invited to correspond with a jw, I would always take the opportunity to give an anti-witness. But in this case, please be careful. She suffers from depression for a reason, and by communicating the truth about the "truth" with her, you may be biting off more than you can chew.

• kzjw
    kzjw

Snowbird; Freudian slip?

Why yes it was...Imeant to say Pubic Squawk... Really it just seems to be another case of the make up of African-American congos...some are more lenient than what we find on the post of what I'd call really zealous KH's.

I mean this elder's family has 2 boys not really into the jw thing but attend because the live under his roof -- A daughter who has 2 kids out of wed and a 3rd on the way - and a wife who suffers from depression, but won't acknowledge where it might come from...But he's trying to guide my wife spiritually? Damn -- just "damn"...

• Gregor
    Gregor

JW's think that people who have left will suffer some kind of set back in life, like death of a loved one, loss of job, health, etc. or be frightened by world events and will come back like the prodigal son all beat down and contrite. In other words, not drawn back but forced back. "Where else would I go Lord?"

• snowbird
    snowbird

Snowbird; Freudian slip?

Why yes it was...Imeant to say Pubic Squawk

I'm sure you meant Public Talk, but carry on.

I just wanted to tease you a little.

I know what you mean by those Af-Am congregations, though. I was surprised and horrified by the examples of extreme shunning mentioned on this board. It just didn't happen in the congregation I attended.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit