Here's an experience I had.......

by WingCommander 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

.....around the mid 1990's. There was a sister in our congregation that was very poor. She was kind, dressed very modestly (not in shreds, even though poor) and was missing some teeth, probably because her non-JW husband used to get drunk and beat her. Anyway, I knew her kids first, as she had raised them as semi-JW's and they would pick and choose what they would and would not do at school, so they kind of stuck out to us die-hard JW kids. Anyway, because she was poor, she always needed a ride to the KH, book study, etc. Well, her house was on our way, so we got in the habit of just picking her up. No Elders had advised us to do this. When my mother and I's work schedule would get in the way, do you think anyone else would pick her up, including an Elder that also passed her house?? Hell no!!!!

It was a weird, pathetic situation. She was very kind, but no one gave a crap about her. She wasn't wealthy or in the cliques, so the Elders didn't give a crap. We actually said something to the Elders after we changed congregations for a while, but they couldn't be bothered!!!! That was another nail in the WT coffin....the lack of love and concern for the congregation. What hypocrisy!! My mother and I were saddened to her of her passing about 5 years ago. We didn't find out until after her service, so we didn't get to attend, but I often wonder if her non-JW spouse even had her service at the KH, or how many JW's even bothered to show up. If it was anything like my parents services, it was only 3-4 elderly pioneers that showed up so they could count time. Ha!! I put 2 and 2 together at my last relatives funeral when the same bunch of older women would show up and sit together. So it's really just to count more time on their slips since I'm not baptized. What a freakin slap in the face.

JW's: The masters of hypocrisy and conditional love. If you meet all of their conditions (Wealthy, prominent, new car, best clothes, own a business, clique) then you get their love....otherwise, you may as well be dirt. I've seen this over and over. So much for shepharding the flock, ay?

- Wing Commander

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Wing, I have seen that same story play out many times. Always felt sorry for folks like that, they seem to have all the problems. Not only poor but health problems and kids with problems too. I really don't know how they persevere as a JW, not fitting in in the world and then rejected at hall too. I survived because I at least had my little immediate family. One factor in leaving is I told my husband I could never survive in the cong as a single person (why do it now then). We have a lot of nepotism, cliques,old family business in our old hall. Funny how the sleaze ball that employs the PO can do whatever he wants (illegal business practice, cheats on wife) and keeps getting away with it and is invited to everything. I hope life got a little better for this woman's children outside of the organization.

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

Cults value followers who have something to offer them. If a follower has little to offer, he/she is of little value to the cult.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I've also experienced this behavior in Churches.

• musky
    musky

Most of the elders I knew cared for the congregation. There were a few that did not. A jerk is a jerk no matter what there position is. That's great that your family cared enough to pick her up for the meetings. Not enough people like you in the world. Simple acts of kindness mean a lot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit