2 Witnesses who had their baptism cancelled after fornication! Baptized x2

by Witness 007 7 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

One brother commited fornication...at the judicial committe it was decided that he as a newly baptised brother was not fully aware of his commitment to jehovah so his baptism was anulled, and he had to study again and got "dunked" a second time...for real this time! Also a sister did the same... This is a clause that the Elders seldom use....you have to appear very dumb to pass this off.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Obviously... the pre-Baptism discussions went well - excellent communication skills - blame the person who conducted the bible study, blame the elder who asked questions 21 - 40, blame someone; Joey didn't know it wasn't okay to copulate with his neighbors, Jane and Judy.

• oompa
    oompa

Actually a video of your baptisim with your big toe sticking up out of the water works good too...............oompa

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Does that mean only the toe can sin?

• sacolton
    sacolton

So, recently baptised JWs must be "perfect" or else they lose their baptism? That doesn't sound scriptural. God views all sin the same. No sin is greater than the other. Fornicate, lie, steal, murder, etc ... even one indecent thought after being baptised is a sin. Now, if the WT could read minds - everyone would be going in a circle getting dunked and re-dunked constantly.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, rebaptism is very rare in the WTS and strongly discouraged.

• steve2
    steve2
    Actually, rebaptism is very rare in the WTS and strongly discouraged.

Blondie's on the ticket here. I recall the local elders recommending that a sister be re-baptized sometime in the 1970s (for reasons not dissimilar to the present examples) and the CO stopped it. In fact, I'd say that JWs are one of the few religions that overtly dissuade re-baptisms. If it has occurred, I'm inclined to think it wasd probably done without the branch office being told.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

So maybe he had oily skin and the baptism "didn't take" first time around?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit