Bush signs Shoe-Hurler to pitching contract

by mustang 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mustang
    mustang

"People don't realize I still have connections; this guy is good: if I wasn't ducking I would have got it in the face. And he was cool under fire, getting off a 2 nd pitch. I think he'll go places and I'm in for 10%", said soon to be ex-President Bush.

Continuing on, "I'm scouting for opportunities, what with the White House gig winding down. I thought Iraq was just oil country; I just never expected to find a ball-player here" Bush related.

But other offers are pouring in for Shoe-Hurler. The Association of Iraqi Shoe Manufacturers is showcasing a number of possible shoe advertisements to Shoe-Hurler.

And the Cobblers Union of Greater Iraq has nominated him as a spokesman. It is expected that public appearances and shoe-signings will be lucrative. There is a growing trend of hurling shoes rather than bullets. This has attracted the interest of both the shoe manufacturers and the cobblers.

There is also talk of Shoe-Hurler being nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize on the "Shoes & Boos, not Bullets" slogan.

Decisions, decisions: the local lecture circuit versus foreign travel.

On a darker note, there were rumors that Shoe-Hurler was a trained assassin. Some suspected that the shoes were poison tipped, but lab examinations quickly quelled this report.

Mustang

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Everywhere I went today, people were laughing their butts off about this shoe hurling incident. Even people who actually still like Bush. Bush does seem to be a good sport about the whole thing.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Funny stuff.

• mustang
    mustang

I was surprised: Bush was on top of it and was ducking like he expected it. Maybe the guy was a shill

He (Bush) was smiling, too.

Mustang

• mustang
    mustang

Does this make Bush the FIRST CINC (Commander IN Chief) to come under fire in a war zone? Bush was in the "theater" of an active war...

Mustang

• JeffT
    JeffT

He's got a better claim on that than Hilary has for being the first First Lady to be shot at.

James Madison had to get out of Washington just ahead of the enemy, but I don't think he came under fire.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d
    Bush does seem to be a good sport about the whole thing.

I suppose Bush's victims were "good sports" too. The shoes were tossed for the widows and orphans. Pretty funny to make a joke of it.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Good point, cameo-d. Bush is a grade A-One A**hole.

• mustang
    mustang

Irreverence and lack of sensitivity is something that Americans are good at doing. In fact, it may be our hallmark.

This is a point that needs to be made; I have made it elsewhere and will make it yet again. There is a reason for doing so.

Thank you for being my "straight man"/shill/cat's paw, Cameo.

Yes, Jimmy, agreed, he is that, indeed.

Mustang

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit