Is it worse to lie about Santa Claus or...

by JimmyPage 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

... to lie about the generation of 1914 not passing away until the events of Mt. 24 are fulfilled? Which causes more damage?

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

The 1914 generation of course !!

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

It's not a lie, there really is a Santa Clause. He is you, me, and everyone else who has a caring and sharing heart.

Many of the Bible Stories Book that the Watchtower publishes are embellished.Are they little white lies or do they damage lives?

History tells us that a mister Clause, a good-hearted man actually lived.

St. Nick is very real.

Children need heroes, from ET to Superman to Santa Clause.

Blueblades

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

On the other hand the lie about 1914 has killed thousands and broken up many thousands of families

Blueblades

• lrkr
    lrkr

Heres a bit of a twisted reply:

I was a quite zealous JW when my child was born, so he understood from the time he was 3 that there was no such thing as Santa Claus. This tended to make him skeptical of any proposed supernatural being- including Superman, God, Darth Vader, and Jesus. I regret robbing him of childhood (excitement over getting presents from S.C.) but if this gave him a healthy skepticism- then it is all the better.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Santa Claus. Once I found out they lied to me about Santa Claus I stopped believing everything that everyone told me. I had trouble accepting that air exists, because I can't see it. I still believe the earth is flat, and that the Easter Bunny lays eggs and clucks like a chicken.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Does Santa Claus disfellowship people when they stop believing in him? Or, does he try and turn family members on the ones that stop believing, causing hardships and emotional blackmail?

I think between getting death threats and having families busted up or having a lump of coal in my stocking, the lump of coal is much less damaging.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

My presents didn't come from the North Pole....no big deal.....the 1914 generation...YOU RUINED MY LIFE YOU SCUMBAGS! I WANT MY 30 YEARS BACK! 2008 I was ment to be living it up in Paradise right now!

• junctions-wife

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit