I went to a few diferent religions to hear Christmas music

by Cheetos 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

Yup I went to the Methodist church and heard them sing it was great wow in their rec room they had coffee and donuts and cookies people sat around got to know each other. What a switch the Witness's could take a lession with them, the only time you see goodies being shared is if the pioneer school is there or during a hall build, I think the GB is afraid to have rank and file have fun and enjoy each other like that at each meeting for some sick reason.

• Mary
    Mary

Yep......it's a complete breath of fresh air to go to another church and acutally be uplifted, in contrast to the never ending "you're not doing enough" crap that you get at the KH. Friday night, Delilah and I went to church where her son was rehearsing (he's in the Philharmonica Youth Choir) and they invited some of us adults to join them on the stage and sing Christmas carols, so we did. Therewere a few that we simply didn't know, but I still had a wonderful time.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I particularly like going into a catholic church that has a huge domed ceiling painted like the sky and angels and stuff, stained glass windows, a huge pipe organ and a choir )preferably kids choir). Listening to that, w or without a bit of the sacred herb;), is like heaven on earth. Regardless of beliefs and practices, whoever put all of that together must have had a glimpse of the higher realms on the other side.

S

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Last Sunday ol' S4 went to the Community Messiah Sing at the United Church. i was taking pics for my paper, but stayed for the whole thing. I had some interesting thoughts there about how it was listening to an opera about the Norse gods, say, only Christians take it as fact.

I was surprised when an old friend turned out to be one of the soprano soloists. Afterwards she introduced me to her boyfriend. I was thinking how, in a Kingdom Hall she'd be hauled before a judical committee instead of being a soloist!

S4

• sacolton
    sacolton

Yeah, I was United Methodist before becoming a JW. Let me tell you it was a SHOCK to go from a church that had live music and uplifting sermons ... even the kids had fun since they offered a daycare to keep them entertained. Anyway, when I went to the first meeting ... I could not believe they played a monotone CD over the crappiest speakers I've ever heard in my life. It was awful, but I bit my tongue and said nothing to my new JW bride about it. Absoulutely horrible experience!

I highly recommend anyone to visit their local church and see what it's all about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit