Why Jehovahs's Witnesses keep growing

by truthseeker 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

It's a numbers game with the Watchtower Society - they love them.

Numbers are everwhere - your time sheet, the number of minutes for Talk # 2, the number of anointed, number partaking, number of times Jesus arrives.

So why is the Watchtower Society still growing?

Answer? There teachings work, for the most part. They are persuasive. They appeal to the most basic of human needs.

"Wouldn't you like to live in conditions like these?" they ask while pointing to a paradise picture on one of their publications. It's an appeal that works to the poor and downtrodden in society.

Lost a loved one in death? JWs will tell you how you can see them again.

They have an answer for all of life's ills, but the price is complete bondage to a manmade organization that never had God's backing.

They are the only organization that can offer a product but never make good on delivery.

Got a copy of the "Bible Teach" book? Have a look in there for any reference to the teaching and identity of "the faithful and discreet slave class" - you won't find it.

There is scant reference to any kind of official oversight of the congregations, therefore the Bible Student has not thought to question the identity of the slave and its origins because he doesn't yet know about it.

Once the Bible Student has gone through the first book, their mind is susceptible and ready for higher knowledge and they are ready to asborb information in the second study book, "Organized to do Jehovah's Will".

It is here that they learn about organizational arrangements, discipline and restoration as well as why they can have "complete trust in the faithful and discreet slave class."

Jehovah's Witnesses will continue to grow, but more slowly as more and more people get connected to the internet and learn about their false teachings. This is already happening now, because you are reading this.

Many who came here defending Jehovah's Witnesses have either run away or seen the light.

The apathy among witnesses is growing. No longer certain that the end is near, many witnesses are pursing personal goals, higher education, careers or spending more time with family.

For some, the organization is there social group, for others, it's all they know.

Numbers don't mean anything.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1
    There teachings work??

I think it is the ones that are insecure and suceptable that are indoctinated into the religion.

For some, the organization is there social group, for others, it's all they know.

This more than likely the retention factor.

• excito-are
    excito-are

Because they are greedy bastards who eat and drink too much!!

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

They are like weeds!! Even when there is no water they keep growing...

The only way to get rid of them is to get to kill the root.

• anewme
    anewme

Honestly it seems unbelievable that they are a growing religion.
    They are not growing in the U.S.
    Probably in some poor God forsaken country where resurrection is the only hope.

When I think of how depressed I was as a JW I get so angry at them.

If it is so healthy, why am I so much happier and hopeful away from that group?

My little human heart couldnt take their depressing alarms about the nearness of doomsday and how utterly stupid humanity is.

They twisted and turned my thinking for so long, it has taken years to straighten it out.

They prey upon the young, the depressed and chemically unbalanced.

If they are growing at all it is within those groups.

I still believe in God, but "Religion is a Snare and a Racket"

Anewme

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

(1) Fake time reports. Every publisher that did not go out in field circus but turned in a time slip helps inflate the numbers. In turn, every hounder that pressures and hounds for a time slip helps inflate the numbers, whether implicitly or by questioning (or even turning in a fake time slip on behalf of the publisher). In further turn, the organization demands time slips, and has a structure that, unless you turn in a fake time slip, you will be harassed. The numbers are more representative of the number of people that wish to avoid this harassment, which will be MUCH higher than the actual number that did real service.

(2) Double counting. You have several separate slips from the same publisher, but they are counted as separate publishers. This tends to happen in August, when they hound for those who didn't turn in a field circus slip for earlier months to get them in for August. In theory, you can have as many as 12 different counts for just one publisher. In practice, it is normal to get as many as 3 or 4 from several different publishers. Even if a publisher doesn't turn in a real slip, the hounder could well put in a fake one (or two...or three...).

(3) Accounting "errors(??)" made at headquarters. How many times have you lost count on something and had to estimate whether it was 45 or 46; or was it 67 or 77, of something? Rather than recounting, they will pick the higher number (always erring on the high side).

(4) Blatant dishonesty. I am not putting the Washtowel Slaveholdery above simply and intentionally adding a "fudge factor". This could be to offset the slips they feel were "forgotten" (more likely, that was also done at the congregation level when the hounder put in fake slips in behalf of the publishers). Either way, you have more people on that report than you have actually doing field circus.

(5) The Nigerian Scam. Notably, most of the increases came from Nigeria and other poor countries. They are aggressively recruiting witlesses in Nigeria, where they cannot get a call suddenly hit this site or one of the many apostate sites online. They are depending on the Washtowel to teach them the basics on how to read, and they are going to use it to promote themselves and prevent them from going to another source (which they probably would not understand the language, with the loaded witless language). Those suckers are captive for life once they are caught.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

A lot of people are still lacking basic education about science and history. If more people would be educated less would be snared in religious traps.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit