WITNESSING TO JW’S

by Trying2understand 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Trying2understand
    Trying2understand

You might already be familiar with the info provided below, but I wanted to post it just in case. I don't know if these questions came from a book or if the person that posted them came up with them on their own. Hope everyone is having a great day....

Approach by dismantling the society, show it to be a false prophet.

Mention false prophets like Benny Hinn or Creflo Dollar.
    Benny Hinn false prophecies
    1. In the mid 90’s Benny stated that homosexuals would be consumed by fire in 1994. Since that didn’t happen that makes Hinn a false prophet. At this point have them read Deut 18:20 from their bible.
    2. Also in the 90’s Benny stated that Castro would no longer be president of Cuba at the turn of the century. This failed to happen. Again have them read Deut 18:20 from their bible, ALOUD.

Question
    How do you feel about false prophets like Benny?
    According to the word how many false prophecies does it take to become a false prophet?

3. Did you know that Benny Hinn Stated in 2001 that Jesus would appear with him on the stage in Nigeria. Of course that didn’t happen either. I’m sure you agree that Benny is a false prophet.

Creflo Dollar
    1. Predicted that Jesus would return between 2003 and 2005. According to the bible doesn't that make him a false prophet. Could you please read Deut 18:20 aloud once, more?

Question
    Do you know of any false prophets in the word that became a “true prophet”?

Question
    Isn’t the watchtower instructions that when one discovers a false prophets then ”the people should no longer trust them as safe guides”?

Therefore we should avoid Benny Hinn and False prophets like him, right? Could you read Deut 18:20 ALOUD again for me?

BETH-SARIM
    Question
    Have you ever heard of Beth-Sarim in San Diego? If so you know it was built for Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and other Old Testament “princes” who were supposed to show up in 1925. Since this prophecy didn’t come to past wouldn't this be a false prophecy? Read Deut 18:20 ALOUD
    [Watchtower Magazine, WM 10/15/1917 p6157; WM 4/1/1923 p106; WM 7/15/ 1924 p211]

BIBLE IN STONE
    Question
    What would be your opinion of an organization that taught the Great Pyramid of Egypt contained prophetic wisdom from God? They taught this as a standard for almost fifty years using the pyramid to make published predictions which did not come true.

******AT THIS POINT YOU EXPOSE THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY AS FALSE PROPHETS AND PRESENT THEM THEIR OWN PERIODICALS AS PROOF.

Are you aware that it was the watchtower society who taught the Great Pyramid of Egypt contained prophetic wisdom for God? Your founder Charles Taze Ruzzel called the pyramid a bible in stone and they taught this for over fifty years. Did you know he used the pyramid to predict that Jesus would come in 1874 (which didn’t happen)? I also read that Charles Russel was buried beneath a massive pyramid shaped grave marker. I find that interesting don’t you?
    [Studies in Scripture SIS vol 4, Prophecy; Watchtower Magazine WM 5/15/1925 p148]
    SATAN’S BIBLE
    Question
    Why did the Watchtower Society switch its position under its new leader in 1928 Joseph Rutherford and called the pyramid “satan’s bible”. [WM 11/15/1928 p344]

Question
    How do you reconcile this with watchtowers claim to be a true prophet of God?

Question
    Why did early watchtower literature teach that the second coming of Christ occurred in 1874, while later literature from the watchtower taught that it happened in 1914? Do true prophets of God change their minds like this? [The Truth Shall Make You Free, TTS; Creation 1927 p289]. Read Deut 18:20-22 ALOUD

Question
    Why didn’t the overthrow of human governments and the full establishment of God’s Kingdom occur in 1914 as predicted by the watchtower society? (Don't let them confuse you with comments about WWI) Since that prophecy didn’t come to past doesn’t/t that mean that according to the bible (Deut 18:20) the society is a false prophet. [SIS vol 2 1888; SIS vol 3 1891; SIS vol 3 1913]

Question
    In 1975 the Watchtower society once again claimed that 6,000 years of human history would com to an end (it failed to happen in 1874) Since the watchtower society was wrong both times , that makes them twice a false prophet. [Awake 10/8/1966 p19; OKM Our Kingdom Ministry 6/1969 p3; OKM May 1974 p3]

Since it didn’t end in 1975 culminating in Armageddon like the watchtower society proclaimed, do you really think that the watchtower society is a true prophet.

Since the society was wrong in 1874, 1914, 1925 and 1975, do you think that you should still trust the society as a “safe guide”. After all, your soul is on the line.

The seed of doubt has been planted. Your job is now complete and the remainder is between them and the Holy Spirit. The truths presented will prick their conscience and perhaps some will convert, but whatever the outcome you have been obedient to the great commission. You will have difficulty getting them to write down the articles to research because they are now in shock. Prepare them to be told that NO SUCH publications exist!! Then convince them to do the research "on their own" and they can locate and verify the publications for themselves. If they really want to remove the blindfold they will not stop when the elders misinform them.

This is a sidebar that usually is not necessary at this point.
    HOW TO ARGUE AGAISNT THEIR VIEW THAT CHRIST’S INVISIBLE COMING HAS OCCURRED IN 1914
    Have them read Mat 24:29-30 in their bible.
    Mt 24:29 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.
    Mt 24:30 "Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Did any of the above events happen in 1914? How about 1874?
    Did the moon refuse to give its light during those years?
    How about the stars? Did they fall from heaven?
    Did all the tribes of earth mourn at that time?

• RR
    RR

I have found attacking the organization the wrong approach. Dispute what they belief, and the JW if sincere and honest will see that the Society is not what they claim to be.

I did this a few months ago, I saw this guy just about every day, he looked forward to debating me, and each time I gave him something to think about, often times when he would deny it, I would go home make a photocopy of a a few WT pages, hand it to him and tell him to look it up in the KH library just in case he thinks I altered the copies.

A few months later, he was DF'd for questioning the Watchtower.

RR

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

Go RR! Well done.

Hopefully someday I can share a similar story. I want my family out so bad!

• still_in74
    still_in74

Did the moon refuse to give its light during those years?
    How about the stars? Did they fall from heaven?
    Did all the tribes of earth mourn at that time?
    they have answers to all of these. dont you know? Its all "spiritual" application. Everything is invisible, and spiritually speaking, that way nothing can be disproved with logic. Blind faith will dismiss logic.

• Celia
    Celia

Nice ! unfortunately, it would be absolutely impossible to have that discussion with any JW !

They wouldn't let you get that far, they would change the subject, or just turn their back on you and leave....

• jws
    jws

Don't they try to get out of this by saying they never claimed to be a "prophet". Therefore, that wouldn't have been prophecy.

Further research would, I believe, show that they have called themselves prophets however.

• Trying2understand
    Trying2understand

All I can say is, my heart goes out to everyone that has been effected by the watchtower. My life has never been so upside down since a JW came into my life. I adore the person, just not the baggage that came along with him. The really sad part, he doesn't even realize all of the grief that he has caused my household. Unbelievable... I have never been so down. What a cruel religion. Thank God, my daughter seems to be doing much better. : ) I wanted to thank everyone for being there..

• RR
    RR

You also need to consider (as strange as this may sound) whether they are better off "in" or better off "out" of the org. Some people I knew, needed to stay in, for their own health.

RR

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

I have to say I have had success with beth-sarim. Its tangible because its a real place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit