Never Forget ...

by sacolton 8 Replies latest jw friends

• sacolton
    sacolton

Where Jehovah God Lives:

alt

Perhaps the most famous star cluster on the sky, the Pleiades can be seen without binoculars from even the depths of a light-polluted city. Also known as the Seven Sisters and M45, the Pleiades is one of the brightest and closestopen clusters. The Pleiades contains over 3,000 stars, is about 400 light years away, and only 13 light years across. A prominent telescope and car company has borrowed the star cluster's name. Quite evident in the above photograph are the blue reflection nebulae that surround the brighter cluster stars. Low mass, faint, brown dwarfs have also been found in the Pleiades.

alt

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Sacolton...would you or would you not agree that if an organization has a proven track record we should probably pay attention to them. So I think perhaps you should reconsider your decision made to leave the Wt based on these following assertions made by the Wt:

First let's preface it with this statement made in 2005 by the Wt regarding its Golden Age magazine:

The magazine The Golden Age was published to show people that the real solution to mankind's problems is Christ's Millennial Reign, which will truly usher in a golden age for humankind. .... From its beginning, this magazine has contributed mightily to the great witness that has been given since 1919. (Matt. 24:14)...Since its first issue back in 1919, the magazine successively known as The Golden Age, Consolation, and now Awake! has played a major role in the preaching work." Kingdom Ministry 2005 March p.1

"The bobbed hair craze is sure to lead to baldness, sooner or later. The reason for this is that human hair is like a tube sealed at the free end. When the hair is cut, the oils which are the life of the hair become dissipated. The reason why men grow bald so quickly is that they have their hair cut so frequently and, in addition, wear tightly fitting hats, which cut off the circulation of the scalp. The reason why women, hitherto, have had such beautiful hair is that they have not cut it; and the twisting and folding of the hair has helped to retain the natural oil." Many women have turned against the fashion of bobbing the hair, and are letting their hair grow again. Golden Age 1924 November 19 p.100

"There is no food that is right food for the morning meal. At breakfast is no time to break a fast. Keep up the daily fast until the noon hour... Drink plenty of water two hours after each meal; drink none just before eating; and a small quantity if any at meal time. Good buttermilk is a health drink at meal times and in between. Do not take a bath until two hours after eating a meal, nor closer than one hour before eating. Drink a full glass of water both before and after the bath." Golden Age 1925 September 9 pp.784-785

"If any overzealous doctor condemns your tonsils go and commit suicide with a case-knife. It's cheaper and less painful." Golden Age 1926 April 7 p.438

"Sleep on the right side or flat on your back, with the head toward the north so as to get benefit of the earth's magnetic currents. Avoid serum inoculations as they pollute the blood stream with their filthy pus.... Stop chewing gum, as you need the saliva for your food." Golden Age 1929 November 12 p.107

"Medicine originated in demonology and spent its time until the last century and a half trying to exorcise demons. During the past half century it has tried to exorcise germs." Golden Age 1931 August 5 p.728

"The earlier in the forenoon you take the sun bath, the greater will be the beneficial effect, because you get more of the ultra-violet rays, which are healing" Golden Age 1933 September 13 p.777

Ok, Sacolton. I am sure you have thought this thru and reconsidered. What is your decsion?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I hope we send a space shuttle there soon!

purps

• sacolton
    sacolton

Hmmm ... they make some really good points though. Is there no doubt that they are getting the sole channel of communication from God?

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Stars are physical matter. The Creator resides in the spiritual invisible realms. Looking for Him on any cluster of stars is useless, so is the Watchtower Society, useless.

Really, though, I haven't the slightest Idea what I'm talking about. Who am I to tell people where he she it lives. I don't know em', never met them, haven't been invited to the residence, and they don't return my calls.

Blueblades

• garybuss
  • I quit!
    I quit!

I've been to his house on several occasion but don't go anymore. It is such a long drive home after a couple of drinks.

• yknot
    yknot

But alas much like vaccinations and smokers.... Pleiades was no more after Clayton cashed in his chips

***w53 11/15 p. 703 Questions From Readers***

Incidentally, Pleiades can no longer be considered the center of the universe and it would be unwise for us to try to fix God’s throne as being at a particular spot in the universe. Were we to think of the Pleiades as his throne we might improperly view with special veneration that cluster of stars.—Deut. 4:19; 2 Chron. 2:6; 6:18.

"Special Veneration" is only for the God's Spirit-directed Organization.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Garybuss. I have Carl Sagan,s Cosmos collector's edition, the emmy and peabody award winning series. What a man he was! Thanks for that link reminder, The Pale Blue Dot.

Blueblades

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit