Christmas 2008

by Wordly Andre 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

For those of you who are celebrting this year and have done so other years, do you find it kind of hard to get everything done? I thought that money may be my biggest issue this christmas, but it's more about time, I still haven't even got my tree yet, just a couple days ago hung the lights. This past week I only started getting boxes down, I may not go all out this year like last year just seems like not enough time. I feel like this christmas is getting a jump on me, how about you?

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Same here, and it only gets worse with age...time passes so quickly!

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

OH I don't care how long it takes to get ready for Christmas, I have put up to mini four foot trees up one in my bedroom and one in a corner in the living room to be moved into the hall way and then the big tree is in the living room, it is all ready decorated just a couple of more decortations and then it is finished, then I have to sit down and write Christmas cards and I have to have my church news letter done by sunday and it will be finished tomorrow afternoon ready for collating. I just started today to do the march newsletter. I have no time to waste.

I love chirstmas so much and the fond memories of a young girl who cherishes them in her heart always and the love that one very special grandma who made my life the best it is today . I miss you grandma and hope you will see how lovely my home is decked out for the holidays just like you use to do .

Merry Christmas to all of you

Love Orangefatcat.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

You know if you stress about the time I find that it's worse than what it is really. Try do a little something each day - there is always time to be found.

I work a 9 hour day, have got to shop for my christmas dinner on friday, have to do up guests gifts, re-arrange my lounge to accommodate people, put up my decorations, stop at a friends to get a hot plate, cook the food and be ready by 7pm friday night......it will get done!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I'm going to buy my Mom a Christmas gift for the first time in 20 years

• lnunya
    lnunya

The best thing about the whole season is that you're FREE to either celebrate it....or not.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

amen brotha

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I'm now just about done with my Christmas card list, I think I am dreading getting the decorations down from the garage because my garage is messy right now. I think it's time to make a big box for Charity get rid of lots of crap I don't need.

• sacolton
    sacolton

We're having a big Christmas feast at our house. My JW wife helped with the decorations. She's brilliant with that stuff. I'm going to read Luke 2:1-20 and say a prayer. The reason for the season.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

We are going to a Christmas party on Saturday I'm making Spanish Tapas as our pot luck dish. I think this year we are getting a fake tree, a real tree with cats is just too much to deal with. Ugg my cats are worse than elders, they bug like hell

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit