Anyone know about this religious group?

by civicsi00 7 Replies latest jw friends

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

I've been talking to a guy who belongs to some non-denominational church and here is a rundown of what they believe:

-That you should still keep the Sabbath

-That Jesus returned in 1948

-That Jesus ascended back to heaven in 1985

Does anyone here know or ever heard of a group that is advocating these teachings? Their reasoning is that the fig tree parable that Jesus spoke about meant that when Israel (current-day Israel) became an official nation again in 1948, then that signaled his 2nd Coming. But they also reason that Jesus didn't come in glory or huge fanfare so the world didn't really behold him. Basically he's already come again, and that's all I know for now.

I've been trying to find any religious groups on the internet that believes this sort of thing, but I haven't found one yet. This is all I know because the guy goes to great lengths to explain the parable and blah blah blah, and then I have to leave because I do have other things to do. So I haven't asked him yet if he has any pictures of this Jesus that supposedly showed up on Earth. He's trying to convert me and to accept these things, but there's no way I'm accepting these things.

From my own personal bible reading, Jesus also warned that there would be many false Christ's and would produce many spectacular wonders. I don't believe he's come again... yet.

Crazy religions... After I stopped believing the WT, I feel that I should hold onto Christ only and no other organization on earth.

• yknot
    yknot

I am thinking this is them.....

World Mission Society Church of God

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Mission_Society_Church_of_God

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

That's them!! Thanks for finding this!

I had forgotten that the guy I've been talking too mentioned that the Bride in the book of Revelations was the "Mother God". I couldn't believe that crap... He was also pulling other texts out of context...

I feel sorry for these people too. They've been duped...

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    That Jesus ascended back to heaven in 1985

According to Wikipedia, their founder died in 1985. It's pretty ironic that that's when Jesus returned to heaven, huh?

• RR
    RR

Official website: http://english.watv.org/

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

Isn't this a classic example of "following another Jesus"?

• yknot
    yknot

There has been a long line of those....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_who_have_claimed_to_be_Jesus

According to the World Mission Society Church of God, he was the 'second coming of Jesus' ..

.....obviously they missed the 7 comings of Christ by Bro Losch to the Romanian Floridians......

• Hillary
    Hillary

I just went onto the forum "examining the world mission society church of god"

There is one post I like that was written two months ago:

Here at Muppet News Centeral according to official sources NOTHING actually happened! Now to our reporter in the field, Kermit in South Korea.

Kermit the Frog here reporting from South Korea where the ball has dropped and the New Year is here. As I bring this breaking news to you we are firmly into January 1, 2013. What's going on here? Officially NOTHING ACTUALLY HAPPENED! One thing that didn't actually happen is that the world didn't actually end. There are many cult groups in this area that kept their members in fear for years over this possibility. One such group has been back peddling about this for several months and now coming up with different excuses in order to cover for their lies. Many people stated earlier in 2012 that if the world didn't end that they would leave their cult group having realized that they have been deceived. With the new excuses over the last several months lets see if these folks are willing to be lied to some more. This is Kermit the Frog reporting from South Korea now back to Muppet News Centeral.

Once again folks officially NOTHING ACTUALLY HAPPENED. No end of the world, no end of an age, no end of preaching, no end. One thing that did officially happen is that these cult groups proved themselves to be false! Weather they are headed up by False Prophets or False Gods they have all been proven to be wrong! This is Muppet News Centeral saying HAPPY NEW YEAR! May the new year bring truth, light, and freedom for all of those who have been trapped by lies and blinded by deception and undue influence

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit