WT examples of Over Organization...

by Confucious 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Confucious
    Confucious

I was at this convention one time.

When it was over, this arena had like four different exits from the parking lot.

Basically, at "worldly" events, when the show is over - it's a free-for-all and people just leave.

So people leave - of course there's a little traffic, but people JUST LEAVE.

It's simple... show's over - go home.

But whomever the brother in charge of the parking lot... blocked off entrances and made all the cars exit in a nice little line and it took forever.

Oh... it was just so orderly!!!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

All that does is creates one big traffic jam. You have 4 exits--with no rules, you have 4 traffic jams with the same number of cars in it. If you have 2000 cars, each jam has 500 cars waiting to get out, and you might be sitting there an hour. With all 2,000 cars in one big jam, it will take 4 hours to get out of there while other exits are totally empty.

Of course, they have hounders standing in those other exits to make sure no one uses them.

• Robert7
    Robert7

This type of following like lemmings used to piss me off. There were so many examples like this.

- Long lines at the hotel breakfast buffet because no one would dare to just jump ahead to quickly grab a donut.

- Long lines in bathrooms and no one would use the 'handicapped' stall. (they're acting like it's a reserved parking space)

- Long lines to get the new books even though there are other spots where there were no lines.

- Long lines leaving the parking lot at DCs for the same reason you put.

What's interesting is that at our new DC in Raleigh, the convention centre reqired that we use THEIR parking lot attendants. And guess what? It was SUPER efficient. The lot filled up and emptied out very quickly. So much for organization. Dubs just love lines.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I remember this one time when our hall had the 'priviledge' to serve luch at the pioneer school. We had served the meal and class had resumed and we were cleaning up. I'm the type who always find the most expediant way to do things so I was cleaning the tables and storing them. This fat pompass azzhole bootlicker comes thru, ' oh brother thats not the way we do it the society has a precise proceedure for doing this.' REALLY?!? A precise proceedure for clearing a gat dang table???

God I'm glad I'm outta that dumbazz religion.

• sir82
    sir82
    This fat pompass azzhole bootlicker comes thru, ' oh brother thats not the way we do it the society has a precise proceedure for doing this.' REALLY?!? A precise proceedure for clearing a gat dang table???

Oh you have no idea.

I used to enjoy the fine "privilege" of being in charge of cleaning the dining room at our assembly hall. The Assembly Hall Overseer (AssHall for short) was an absolute Nazi about how the tables were wiped, how the floor was mopped, how the chairs were stacked, the exact proportion of soap to water for the mop bucket....he'd wait to do his inspection until an hour or 2 after the session was ended, and if something wasn't done "just so", I was the only one left to fix it (all the ones who had helped clean had long since gone home).

It bit. It really really bit.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

This fat pompass azzhole bootlicker comes thru, ' oh brother thats not the way we do it the society has a precise proceedure for doing this.' REALLY?!? A precise proceedure for clearing a gat dang table??

That might be the way to do things in the military, or for paid labor, but it breaks down when you have volunteer labor. My ham radio club had a president who wanted to run things with military precision, and people would realize they were donating their time and effort so they did not have to put up with it. He drove a lot of volunteer help away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit