a thought on the united nations

by refiners fire 1 Replies latest jw friends

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Back in the seventies I recall the WT was always on about the un.
    The un is going to turn on religion. The un is going to assume a world dominant role.
    Of course the UN was nothing back then,no big power, but the Witnesses
    were always on about its coming role.
    In the 80s the UNs role seemed to fade into obscurity, not mentioned much anymore.
    Then in the early 90s George Bush came along with his New World Order
    under a UN leadership.The UN comes to preeminence in the political world. Just like the Jehovahs had predicted.
    Did the WT start trumpeting about UN preeminence again?
    Or did the WT remain silent?
    See this rising to power of the UN in the 90s would correspond with the Jehovahs secret involvement with the UN.
    My prediction... ( i dont know because I havent read any 90s WTs)
    they kept silent. Deafening silence. Their silence demonstrating their secret guilt.
    Am I right?
    Does anyone even understand what Im driving at?

• freeman
    freeman

Hello refiners fire,

Unfortunately I believe you may be correct; but no matter what, their hypocrisy is quite blatant. If one were to examine the output of publications from this time period it would show that the Awake had nothing but positive U. N. stories. The Watch Tower magazine and other publications of course could still have had some negative U. N. stories, not 100% sure on this, however remember those publications are overwhelmingly religious in nature and largely written for internal consumption.

It’s amazing that they could get away with this duplicity for so long, but I surmise that human nature being what it is, the U. N. obviously never fully checked these people out. My guess is the scarlet beast relied on material the WTBTS chose to feed them. Incidentally, you will also find only U. N. stories with a positive slant in electronic form on their web site from this time period as well. Anyway, you raised some good points, I have to check and see if your theory is correct.

Freeman (embarrassed that he was ever part of this organization)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit