I Sang In the Back Up Choir With Rachel Landrecht!

by cognizant dissident 6 Replies latest social entertainment

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Earlier this year I joined a gospel and world music choir. I performed in my first Christmas concert in a church no less! That's a long road away from being born into the JW's.

Anyway, Rachel Landrecht has the most beautiful voice and she was the special guest singer at our concert. My town just happens to be her hometown. Check her out at this link.

One of the songs she sang was a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong.

http://www.rachellandrecht.com/

• delilah
    delilah

That's so awesome!! She's beautiful AND very talented!!! Enjoy the choir!! We love classical music and opera....

My 13 year old son was "discovered", this past June by his school principal, who was able to wrangle an audience with one of Canada's top opera singers...who also happens to be a professor at a University not far from me...let's say, it has changed my son's life dramatically! He is a tenor, singing in a Philharmonic Youth Choir, where he is the youngest member, only 13..the others are 18, 19 and some in University already.

My son's desire is to sing opera professionally one day. This professor, is keeping tabs on my son, and wants to tutor him, at his university.

His first concert was also in a church, and they practise in a church every Friday night...hee hee hee....

You have a PM...

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

You must be so proud Delilah! How is that going over with the JW relatives? No one from my family would come to hear my choir.

• llbh
    llbh

Hi CD

She has the most sublime voice, i bet you were knocked out by singing with her. I so love beautiful voices

How wonderlful to be in the same place and listen to someone like that.

Delilah, i know what you mean about your son, my younsest son has learnt to play the saxophone and his tutor him he now go play in a band.

CD to have the such a gift must as you and Rachel Landrecht must be very rewarding.

Regards and thanks David

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

thanks for sharing - that was lovely

kudos to you for being in the choir too

• delilah
    delilah

Oddly enough, my JW mother says she is proud of my son, and never battted an eye when she learned he practises in a church...but when she found out his first concert would be in a church, she suddenly couldn't come...I expected it anyways, and my son was only mildly dissappointed...she has not had much to do with my boys anyways....their loss!!

David, that's awesome news about your son...I love the saxophone...good for him!!! He will have a lot of fun!!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Thats really awesome.

purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit