Another Embarrasing JW Xmas Story

by Ranchette 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

Okay, I already told yall the one about slamming the door on the Christmas carolers,
    * http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=16654&site=3

I have another one for you.

One December afternoon back in the late 1980’s my mom and I were looking out of my back sliding glass doors.

We could see a Santa Clause sneaking around the side of my neighbor’s house and then he climbed into their house through a bedroom window.

We thought we were seeing a burglary in progress!
    We thought of the neighborhood watch programs and decided it was our duty to report this crime.

I called the police and described this “evil” Santa and about 30 minutes later the doorbell rang and there were two policemen on my porch.

They tell me they checked out my report and found that my neighbors were just having a Christmas party and Santa was sneaking in to surprise the children!

I was so nosey and ignorant!

I had to go over later that week and apologize for calling the police on them and try to convince them I was just concerned for my neighbors and I really did them a favor.

Ranchette

• Princess
    Princess

How funny! I admire your willingness to share these stories, I don't think I could tell on myself.

Thanks for the note on Mulan's Christmas card, it was real sweet. As soon as I get my cards ready, I'll send you one. I'm almost done with my shopping, I just finished wrapping, I've decorated and the tree goes up this weekend. Next week, the cards.

Merry Christmas
    Princess

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Well what else would you think in such a wicked,debased,selfish,crime ridden world?

• cornish
    cornish

But just think.you saved them from something far worse than a burgular,'Satans top henchman,'Santa.'
    You did them a real big favour.

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

LOL Cornish!

Princess,

I guess I don't mind telling on my self now because there's no danger that I'll ever do anything quite like this again plus I just don't take myself as seriously anymore.
    I have done some crazy things over the years.
    I might as well entertain you.

Ranchette

• belbab
    belbab

Ranchette,

Your stories about Christmas remind me of the following:

In the winter of 53/54 was the first time I went out in the door to door work while attending a circuit assembly. Out in the country we came to a man that was quite opposed because he said he read in the Awake magazine that JWs said they would dump a load of manure in your driveway for Xmas. I didn't believe him and I told him I would look it up and check it. I did, I think it was in the Awake from the previous year, 52 or maybe it is 53. Sure enough there was an article about Xmas and it started out with exactly what he said, the only thing though was that it was a quotation from someone who was advertising the sale of manure. The man reading the article did not realize it was a quotation. But whether or not it was a quotation was still throwing a pile of manure on Xmas.

If someone has access to that article, I would love to see it posted here. It is an article about Xmas either 52 or 53, they used have an article each year as Xmas approached.

belbab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit