Peace to this house

by sacolton 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sacolton
    sacolton

Luke 10:5

"When you enter a house, first say, 'Peace to this house.'

Do you recall EVER getting this greeting from a Jehovah's Witness? They claim to follow Bible scripture closely.

When I read this scripture while beginning to study as a JW, I said this to the elder who I was studying the Knowledge Book when I went to his house. He seemed abit confused by my greeting. Why isn't this scripture acknowledged by Jehovah's Witnesses?

• flipper
    flipper

Because they don't wish anyone peace, not even themselves . They believe in being sad and depressed all the time. Rember the scripture, " The bitterness of the spirit makes the heart pure " ? Or some such nonsense ? Ridiculous

• wings
    wings

When you have the crew from Bethel come visit it is more like "is the beer in the fridge?"

wingspeace to you!

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Because they didn't read it in a Watchtower ........

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

No money, purse or extra sandals either! And don't stop to gab with anyone on the way. (previous verse: Carry neither money bag, knapsack, nor sandals; and greet no one along the road.)

Although I am reminded of the time that a pair of JW ladies a few years ago did literally shake the dust off their feet after my visit with them! It was kind of startling!

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

My childhood home had a sign hanging over the kitchen doorway:

PEACE TO
    ALL WHO
    ENTER HERE

If I remember correctly, it was a housewarming gift to my JW mother from a well-meaning "pagan" Catholic. Sweet gesture!

Fast forward 30+ years: As the sister I was studying with left my home the for last time, she literally "wiped the dust off her feet"
    with a pronounced shuffling motion!

I kid you not: She was like a cat shaking off invisible kitty-litter, LOL! But she's sweet, too, and I hope her eyes are opened to
    the Watchtower cult some day.

~Sue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit