French press

by leavingwt 9 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

My wife gave me a French press as a gift yesterday. I have wanted one for many months. I'm drinking the first few cups of coffee from it this morning, and they are wonderful!

Anyone else use a French press to get their morning dose of Vitamin J[ava]? Any tips or suggestions?

-LWT

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

tell me how it works! I'm interested

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

vitamin J ... I like that.

• is there help out there
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LeavingWT..I have one..It makes a tasty cup of coffee..Yum!..Coffee and Donuts................................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I haven't tried a French press yet. I roast my own beans, grind them, and make it in my drip coffeemaker.

I ran out of coffee beans and had to settle for instant coffee today.

I need to go shopping.

W

• Kudra
    Kudra

I loved mine: R.I.P.

I loaned mine out and when the guy returned it it was all smashed in on the side and he was like "uh, that was like that when you loaned it to me, right?"

wtf? How in the world would that have even been possible? Sooo he was somehow impossibly using it for a few months with a shattered hole in the side.

I said "mmm, I don't think so."

He said he'd buy me a new one and never did. He had just gotten a job at a fancy spa and I am still a poor student. Hubby any I use a use a Mr Coffee-type coffee maker with a small metal pot because the carafe is missing.

-K

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I prefer my coffee from a caffetierre and have done for a few years now. It's always hotter than from a drip machine for a start. It's quicker to make, too.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Doh! I was expecting something about a news media organization based in Paris.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

"French press"?

I thought it was a new way to iron your pants creases.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit