The demise of the family is a myth

by zagor 1 Replies latest social family

• zagor
    zagor

Latest research into family dynamics reveals something rather interesting that directly contradicts wishful thinking of JW and other similar doomsday cults. People are not "living only for themselves" as per "Apostle Paul's visionary prediction" and most loved JW quote (2 Timothy chapter 3) In fact, research shows that people spend considerable amount of time and resources in helping family members. In particular it was noted that regular money transfer between family members across different generations substantially supplements income of those in need, hence making "greed" and "living only for one own needs" rather poor and too simplistic of an explanation of anything. Data reveal that people in general are rather concerned with having a healthy family unit and are not only living for their own needs.

While research is limited only to a number of European countries a lot of anecdotal evidence would suggest similar dynamics are not unusual occurrence elsewhere in the world either, but feel free to comment on it. People in general do tend to show sympathy and caring attitudes rather than "living for their own needs" alone

From things I've seen over the years it seems something quite opposite is going on. In fact if anyone is "fulfilling" that "prophecy" I would argue these are often those who allowed cultish frame of mind infiltrate their thinking rather than those labeled as "the world".

For instance, It would seem that deeper one goes into wtbs state of mind less caring he/she tends to demonstrate toward those that anyone in the "world" would consider a family (or even close friends) In fact, those that are still in the cult and do show "too much" caring attitudes often tend to be those who are frequently disagreeing with official policies, elders etc and are often labeled as "bad association" or on "fringe of the truth". i.e. to put it simply, they have a mind of their own.

Feel free to comment.

:http://www.share- project.org/t3/share/fileadmin/press_information/SHARE_Press_Info_FINAL.pdf

http://www.share-project.org/t3/share/index.php?id=64

www.europa.eu - Press Release

European Elderly, how are they - key findings from an EU funded Research

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I do see strong ties among families. We as JW's are so accustomed to seeing families torn, and not knowing "worldly" people at all. We don't have a clue that there are strong, caring, loving, loyal families out there.

Since, I have left the WT, and reunited with my own family(mostly children) They are close and strong and look out for each other.

And since I am here and a part of it, I see my value to them as well.

and the family is getting stronger.

I feel a deep sense of purpose and it's great.

purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit