Blast rocks Jehovah's Witnesses church in Cotabato

by RR 4 Replies latest social current

• RR
    RR

Blast rocks Jehovah's Witnesses church in Cotabato

abs-cbnNEWS.com | 11/27/2008 12:58 PMExplosion rocked a religious sect's church in Kabacan town in North Cotabato province Wednesday night.

Police said a bomb planted near the concrete fence of Jehovah's Witnesses Church along Matalam street in Barangay Poblacion exploded at 9:45 p.m.

Investigators said witnesses saw two men on board a motorcycle threw the bomb at the church's fence. The suspects left the scene even before the bomb exploded.

There were no casualties in the blast, which created a small crater on the church's concrete fence, police said.

Meanwhile, police diffused a bomb planted near an Iglesia ni Cristo (INC) church in the same town.

A radio dzMM report said the bomb was found almost an hour after the blast at the Jehovah's Witnesses Church.

With a report from ABS-CBN Cotabato

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/regions/11/27/08/blast-rocks-jehovahs-witnesses-church-cotabato

• Mandette
    Mandette

Maybe this is the beginning of that secret plan of the UN to overthrow all religion?HA!

Seriously....bombing churches of any kind is NOT cool....no matter what the denomination.....

M

• inkling
    inkling
    bombing churches of any kind is NOT cool....no matter what the denomination.....

"churches"? How about bombing of ANY civilian target is "not cool"? Why should churches be singled out as a especially evil choice to bomb?

• Mandette
    Mandette

Geez Inkling...slow down there. I did NOT say that....I was remarking on the article........

M

• inkling
    inkling

Geez Inkling...slow down there. I did NOT say that....I was remarking on the article........

M

sorry, no offence intended.

I actually knew what you meant, it just annoys me when we reflexively sanctify something by category.

[inkling]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit