What are you thankful for?

by I quit! 13 Replies latest jw friends

• I quit!
    I quit!

I love Thanksgiving. No pressure to buy people gifts, just be thankful. I never cease to give thanks that I'm out of the Watchtower. I'm also thankful for my wife, friends,family, my job, my house (even though it is worth a lot less than last year), the ocean, a good bottle wine, this forum and all of you. I could go on..

• beksbks
    beksbks

I am Thankful for very much the same things I quit!. I am Thankful my children never knew one day as a JW.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I'm thankful that my daughter is continuing with her university education.

She's a junior at the ripe old age of 19.

Sylvia

• garybuss
    garybuss

What are you thankful for?

Much! My grandson, my sons, my wife, my daughter-in-law and her children, my friends, my neighbors, and the good people in and around Brandon and Sioux Falls.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

All the little bumps along the road really mean nothing when I remind myself I have my husband and children and we are healthy.

• asilentone
    asilentone

a very warm house to live in!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

<<<<<<<

W

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

This year is extra special.

My great nephew was born a month ago, and nearly died 2 days afterward. He spent 7 days in NICU. So I am thankful for James Lee's life.

I am thankful for my great kids, my nice warm home in a safe neighborhood, my brother and sister in law and their kids, that I can feed my kids every day, and that my marriage has experienced a positive turn around.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

What am I thankful for.

Everything. An attitude of grattitude is necessary to keep life on the good foot, to stay positive and go through life.

Everyday above ground and not at room temperture is a good day.

An attitude of grattitude is necessary to get up in the morning and face the day.

If you want the world, universe, God to give you more, you have to be thankful for what you have.

I used to get up in the morning and spend 10 minutes reading my grattitude list which was two legal pages long.

I should get back to that habbit.

Make a grattitude list and then see how you would feel about scratching anything off of it.

Side point, making a list is also a way to get things, things you can be grateful for.

Or you could say people places and things and conditions.

Everything starts as a thought.

When you write that thought down, you are that much closer to its materializing.

• fern
    fern

I'm thankful for a happy well adjusted kid who got to do all the things I didn't get to do while growing up.

I'm also very thankful for my husband and my dogs who bring great joy to my life.

It's only November and already I'll be thankful when spring arrives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit