Healthcare rumor

by metatron 3 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

I spoke with a Congressman recently and asked him if the government could simply nationalize the AIG insurance company and provide national healthcare in the US thereby.

He laughed and indicated that some very smart people in Washington are examining various ideas about this !

metatron

• musky
    musky

Sounds like a good idea to me! Its hard to believe how expensive health insurance is. And all you get is bills anyway, because the insurance doesen't cover anything. Oh I guess it kicks in after the $50,000.00 deductible! What a joke. I would be game for anything different. As long as tax dollars are paying for AIG, Why not.

• halcyon
    halcyon

we just recently dropped down from a "rich" plan to a high deductible. I don't know what we were thinking when we chose the more expensive plan, but this year when I figured it out, we pretty much pay the same exact amount anyway and if we were REALLY sick, we'd pay more with the more expensive plan! The high deductible plan kicks in at 100% everything paid after the deductible is met, while the more expensive plan still piddles you with copays and percentages forever!

Insurance is just legalized extortion IMO.

• halcyon
    halcyon

we just recently dropped down from a "rich" plan to a high deductible. I don't know what we were thinking when we chose the more expensive plan, but this year when I figured it out, we pretty much pay the same exact amount anyway and if we were REALLY sick, we'd pay more with the more expensive plan! The high deductible plan kicks in at 100% everything paid after the deductible is met, while the more expensive plan still piddles you with copays and percentages forever!

Insurance is just legalized extortion IMO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit