Movie Buffs

by golf2 7 Replies latest jw friends

• golf2
    golf2

If your a movie buff, see "Changling," a true story. It stars Angelina Jolie, she seeks to find her missing son and she did no one else dared. The movie is directed by Clint Eastwood and it's a two hour movie. Enjoy.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

It took a pretty heavy drubbing by the critics, largely for a having an unbelievable plot and going a little overboard on creating a perfect 1920's look. But critics are wrong sometimes - I'll check it out on DVD when it comes out.

• golf2
    golf2

DanTheMan, YOU be the judge NOT the Critics. The critics are MERE humans with an ego problem.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

directed by Clint Eastwood - that usually means quite good

• Gregor
    Gregor

DanTheMan, YOU be the judge NOT the Critics. The critics are MERE humans with an ego problem.

To be the judge one has to go see the movie and that is the point. I don't want to bother if I am pretty sure it will disapoint. When I have been looking forward to a film and read a negative review by a critic that I respect from past reviews I will often scratch it off my list because I can relate to what they are saying. The Changling is one of those films. (Jolie is way overrated as an actress IMO) I read the review by Joe Morgenstern in the WSJ and said to myself, Yep, I get the idea, I'll skip it.

Eastwood can be very uneven from film to film. I couldn't get into his Iwo Jima films. Part of the problem was the too perfect period details, every car looked like it had just been driven out of a collection, same with clothes, etc. It feels too much like I am watching a movie being filmed from some point behind the camera.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I thought the movie was riveting..not Oscar worthy but riveting nontheless. The detail to set was very well done and it was a compelling story - unlike a mega action movie, this one I saw at the show but it would also play on DVD just fine. I came home and did some research on the woman and the family afterward and there was more to the story they didn't put in the movie but still - it is worth watching. sammieswife.

• golf2
    golf2

Gregor,

I'm not a fan of Angelina, it was the STORY that caught my interest. I only learned at the end of the film that it was Eastwood who directed the movie. I've done some plays as a youngster even concocted plays in school. In my opinion, it was worth the time and money. As the saying goes, "to each his own."

• Gregor
    Gregor

After reading this thread I think my wife and I will go see this movie based on the responses here. Our next theatre film was going to be the new Bond movie, but the reviews I have read so far say it is just another slam bam car chase film. No thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit