Can you offer some advice?

by Eyebrow 5 Replies latest social entertainment

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

My inlaws gave us a really awesome digital video/still camera for xmas. (it was early)

Anyone out there have any experience with digital video editing software? I have read a few things online, but I am not sure what is the best way to go. I would love to get some advice, and maybe see what some of you have.

Thanks!

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Don't have any advice. Just wanted to ask how that little one is doing? Hope all is well with your family.
    Happy Holidays....

C

When the pain of being where we are, becomes greater than our fear of letting go...we will risk and heal and grow.

• Simon
    Simon

It's built into WinMe / XP but I haven't used it.

I did try Adobe Premiere quite a while ago but I didn't have apowerful enough PC really to run it but it was very good & easy to do scene transitions etc..

One day, I'll get a modern PC, LOL (typing on a 500mhz AMD)

• joelbear
    joelbear

Everyone I know says Adobe Premier is best, but it is expensive. I just bought a Dazzler mechanism which uploads video to digital format and it came with an editor that has a ton of bells and whistles and is pretty easy to get started on. The software and the device come together for $70.

joel

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

Thanks for your replies! I will look into the Adobe software.

The baby is fine, thanks for asking! She is 5 weeks old and thriving! She definately rules the house though hahaah!

• jed459
    jed459

I am new on here so did not see this earlier. Did you get the Adobe stuff? If not, there is some FREE software for editing movies.. the one I use is Tmpg Encoder which is for making mpgs but it also saves to avi. There are a few others too but I find Tmpg Encoder is the best for me.

John

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit