Are JW's the best marketeers in the world?

by mtsgrad 9 Replies latest jw friends

• mtsgrad
  • magoo
    magoo

.....not even close....geico is.............

magoo

• oompa
    oompa

apparently no...it may be muslims...over a billion i believe....more than christians or christian cults....and maybe more than hindus and other faiths............oompa

• Samuel Thorsen
    Samuel Thorsen

Noope. JW's focus is on collecting hours for their field service report, not at marketing.

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Muhammad Ali has been quoted as saying, “It's the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. And once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen.”

JWs are not good marketers, but the WT Society manipulates them by telling them the same things over and over again through literature, meetings, conventions and private counsel by the elders. Like robots, JWs in turn go out among the public, and wherever they get a response, they impose upon their listeners what the WT Society has foisted upon them. Householders and others become convinced, not because the Watchtower message is superior, but because of repeatedly hearing the same things over and over again during the frequent visits made on them by JWs.

• fokyc
    fokyc

NO,

But they are the best liars I've come across

fokyc

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

mtsgrad:

Are JW's the best marketeers in the world?

No, possibly the worst, in fact. Remember that their stated goal is fulfilling their interpretation of Matthew 24:14, which is making sure that everybody in the world knows what they believe and has a chance to become a JW and so make it through Armageddon. To this end, they spend over a billion man-hours a year ostensibly spreading this message and produce upwards of a billion books, magazines and leaflets in a year. And yet, pick a person at random and ask them what JWs believe. The average person has no idea. They may mention not taking blood transfusions or not celebrating Christmas, but it would be exceptionally rare to find someone who knows they believe that Jesus returned invisibly in 1914 or indeed any significant part of JW doctrine.

All JWs want is for people to know what they believe, and almost nobody does. Epic fail!

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Not even close.

According to the yearbook, they take over 3000 hours of preaching to bring in one convert. They concentrate their efforts in lands that are already christian, so they are mostly flipping christians from one sect to another. China has tens of millions of christians nd yet not a single JW publisher, according to thir numbers.

They feel it is necessary to hide their name association in a recent ad campaign. Imagine general motors or coke running an ad where the only brand mentioned was in the fine print at the end.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

It's always bugged me: If they really believe the end is near, and that lives actually depend on them getting the word out worldwide, wouldn't they take better advantage of Every possible and current way and means of getting that message out, rather than limiting themselves to the printing press and kingdom hall (aka church by any other name is still a church) only? But then I heard an illustration they use about a man assigned by god to push a rock and he never succeeds at getting it up the hill and he gets frustrated so god tells him I only said push the rock, I didn't say you had to move it. Makes no sense.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

heck no, the return they receive from all the effort is hardly worth it. Not to mention that the most enduring public conceptions of the group are from negative perceptions people have of them (no blood, no holidays, disfellowshipping) rather than positive messages they have distributed about themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit