You don't have to be a JW to be shunned.

by WildHorses 7 Replies latest jw friends

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I have now lost a sister, brother-in-law and a neice and nephew for the simple fact that my political beliefs differ from theirs and I voiced my opinion in a family mailing list. They didn't even have the courage to do it in the mailing list. I was bashed in private e-mails.

Shari

P.S. I hope my trust in Obama is proven correct so at least I can have some comfort in that.

• Scully
    Scully

Religion and politics are the two most divisive forces on earth. Sorry to hear that it is still taking a toll on you, Shari.

Hugs, Scully

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Scully, it pisses me off to no end because they started the e-mail asking for opinions. Most of my family are republicans. My mom, one sister and two Aunts being the exceptions. I have a large family. 9 aunts and uncles on my mothers side. And an even larger amout of cousins.

I did send them all one last e-mail. Unlike my sister and neice, I sent it to the whole family stating that I guess they didn't really want differing opinions and I will be sure to not make the same mistake again but I told them I still love them even if they aren't democrats. he he

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

First my family and I were divided because I joined the JW cult. Now we're divided because I'm the only liberal in the family. All the rest are conservatives. I always seem to be in the minority in this family. We don't shun each other, but we don't talk politics either.

W

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I won't either. To much crap to deal with. Especially in my family.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

My husband is refusing to go to Thanksgiving this year because he voted for McCain, they all voted for Obama and he just can't stand to hear them be positive towards Obama. KILLS HIM. So he is shunning them to some extent. He would visit with them individually, but I think the idea that the talk will go to politics(not even hardcore, but even a smidge) as usual makes him crazy. I feel bad for him that he can't stand any dissent of his opinion, but I feel stupid that I married someone who is as close minded as my mom!

• Robert7
    Robert7

Very good point. The fact is people get shunned, and long friendships are lost for many reasons, and many times very stupid reasons. This helps put a reality check to help deal with losing friends in the cult.

• zions watchman
    zions watchman

Well all Ihave to say is we have the whole chicken in the White House White and Dark meat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit