Circuit Overseers still going to be around?

by cabasilas 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Awhile back there was a rumor posted that the WT Society was going to do away with circuit overseers. Any substantiation yet or was this just someone's speculation? Seems like I've seen references to them in the publications since then so I'm wondering if this is a rumor that needs demolition?

• yknot
    yknot

Well my CO will be sticking around another year.....

• sir82
    sir82

Latest rumor has them being "removed" around September 2010.

There would still be a link between Bethel and local congregations, but it would be a local brother who would care for a smaller number of congregations than the (current) typical circuit of 20+ congregations. That "link" would not be considered to be in full-time service, thus saving big $$$ for the Society.

Visits would be shorter, Thursday or Friday thru Sunday, and perhaps there would be 3 visits per year instead of 2.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

But, so far this only remains a rumor, right? There's no letter or real insider information that substantiates this yet, right?

This appears to be a rumor that had a lot of publicity, but so far I haven't seen any reason to give it any credence. I think the ex-JW community needs to be more cautious about passing on such rumors.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

I've read at a couple of places that this "is legit", but the evidence doesn't seem to be there.

I would really like to know about this for sure as early as possible...

• lawrence
    lawrence

Open Eyes, what's the hurry on this issue? Are you applying for a C.O. position?

• besty
    besty
    I think the ex-JW community needs to be more cautious about passing on such rumors.

may as well start another new thread then - that'll keep it off the radar.....

The sources of this rumour and the posters placing this information are credible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit